Updated Deadline for App Requirements

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

simon.schvartzman

Updated Deadline for App Requirements

Post by simon.schvartzman » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:59 pm

Hi all, I got this email from Apple yesterday and not sure what
..use an Xcode storyboard to provide the app’s launch screen
in the first bullet means and what should I do in order to comply, anybody to the rescue?
Dear Simon,

We greatly value the worldwide developer community, and appreciate your commitment to making a difference in people’s lives through the power of technology. To accommodate developers who may need additional time to update their existing apps on the App Store, the deadline for adhering to the requirements below has been extended to June 30, 2020.
  • Apps for iPhone or iPad must be built with the iOS 13 SDK or later and use an Xcode storyboard to provide the app’s launch screen.
  • iPhone apps must support all iPhone screens and all iPad apps must support all iPad screens.
  • Apps for Apple Watch must be built with the watchOS 6 SDK or later.
  • Apps that authenticate or set up user accounts must support Sign in with Apple if required by guideline 4.8 of the App Store Review Guidelines.
  • Apps in the Kids category must be in full compliance with guideline 1.3 and guideline 5.1.4. of the App Store Review Guidelines.
  • Apps using HTML 5 must be in full compliance with guideline 4.7 sections 4, 5, and 6 of the App Store Review Guidelines.
Thank you for your continuing efforts to serve your users during this time. If you have any questions, contact us.
Thanks
Simon

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Updated Deadline for App Requirements

Post by jacque » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:25 pm

I asked about storyboards recently and the LC team is aware of the requirement. It will be supported in time for the deadline.

A storyboard is a single image containing all the splash screens your app requires. Currently we provide separate images for each of those. Ideally the team will provide a way to select all the images and LC will combine them into a single image in the correct format.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Randy Hengst

Post by Randy Hengst » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:53 pm

Hi All,

I've tried, without success, to find a clarification of this part of the requirements: "To accommodate developers who may need additional time to update their existing apps on the App Store"

Does this mean that my current apps will be removed from the App Store if I don't update them? The bulleted list suggests to me that the answer is, yes. But I really want the answer to be 'no.'

be well,
randy

Jim Mac

Post by Jim Mac » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:07 pm

I find it hard to believe Apple would go retroactive with this. All new submissions yes.Hope I'm right.

"Sheltering in Place" in Seattle.
Wishing healthy futures to all,
Jim

simon.schvartzman

Post by simon.schvartzman » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:53 pm

Thanks @Jacque for the clarification.

As per your doubt @Randy I guess is it as Jim says, only future upload after June 30 will be affected.

Stay safe all of you.

Simon
Simon

Return to “iOS Deployment”