UPDATED: TestFlight + iOS 13 Error

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

simon.schvartzman

UPDATED: TestFlight + iOS 13 Error

Post by simon.schvartzman » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:58 pm

Hi guys, I've uploaded an App and released it for testing with Testflight.

Users that are not running iOS 13 do not report any problem.

One user that is running iOS13 on an iPhone XR is getting an error message from TF (see screen capture below) when it closes the App. Other than that the App performs as expected.
Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 19.33.13.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 19.33.13.png (36.23 KiB) Viewed 5583 times
The message (in portuguese) doesn't help at all, it reads:
"LuckroSpot (the name of my APP) has failed, do you want to share additional information with the developer?" and prompts "Share" & "No".
If the user clicks the "Share" button it allows to input text that ends up in TF's Feedback window.

I've tested the same configuration (TF + iOS13) on an iPad Pro (only device with iOS13 I have available) and the message is not shown and everything works as expected.

I don't feel comfortable to release this version for production unless I get rid of that message but I don't know where to start searching. Any ideas? Has anyone seen something similar? May it have something to do with the (in) famous warning we are getting?
ITMS-90339: Deprecated Info.plist Key - The Info.plist contains a key 'UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend' in bundle LuckroSpot [LuckroSpot.app] that will soon be unsupported. Remove the key, rebuild your app and resubmit.
Any help/suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

UPDATES:
1 - I've opened a bug report https://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=22430
2 - Once the App was promoted from "TestFlight" to "Ready for Sale" the later (the general available App) in the same device is not giving any error message.
Simon

Return to “iOS Deployment”