UIApplicationExitOnSuspend

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

teacherguy

UIApplicationExitOnSuspend

Post by teacherguy » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:16 pm

I am getting a warning when uploading to AppStoreConnect:

The Info.plist contains a key 'UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend' in bundle xxxx that will soon be unsupported. Remove the key, rebuild your app and resubmit.

I read the latest release notes for 9.0.5 and do not see this addressed. Anyone have any info?

jmburnod
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: UIApplicationExitOnSuspend

Post by jmburnod » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:33 pm

Hi,
Panos said:
This is a warning, and can be ignored for now.
See https://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=22149 for more details.
Best
Jean-Marc
https://alternatic.ch

teacherguy

Post by teacherguy » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:09 pm

Thanks. I’ll remove the line in the plist for now.

My apps are used in a class setting (shared iPads). I’m bummed Apple has deprecated this.

teacherguy

Post by teacherguy » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:55 pm

Does anyone have advice for how to detect when the app is coming back from a suspended state and how to deal with that? My apps really need to reset from scratch when coming back from a suspended state (because they are essentially quizzes that students are taking). So Apple apparently doesn't want apps to relaunch, but I need them to.

Thanks

jacque

Post by jacque » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:43 pm

teacherguy wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:55 pm
Does anyone have advice for how to detect when the app is coming back from a suspended state and how to deal with that? My apps really need to reset from scratch when coming back from a suspended state (because they are essentially quizzes that students are taking). So Apple apparently doesn't want apps to relaunch, but I need them to.

Thanks
This has been a problem on Android from the beginning and now Apple has followed suit. On Android at least there are no messages sent and there's no way to tell when an app resumes. When the OS needs RAM it will dump the app which then forces a relaunch on next access, but you never know when that will happen except that (on Android anyway) you may get a shutdown message. But not always.

I have more than one app that needs to know when it's backgrounded. The closest thing is to set up a timer and force a reset if it exceeds a certain time period. That isn't very reliable but it was all I could think of.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Return to “iOS Deployment”