Missing Push Notification Entitlement still to be ignored?

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

simon.schvartzman

Missing Push Notification Entitlement still to be ignored?

Post by simon.schvartzman » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:43 pm

Searching the board I see many posts about the Apple store warning
Dear Developer,

We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, "LuckroSpot". Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app appears to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature's entitlements do not include the "aps-environment" entitlement. If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that includes the "aps-environment" entitlement. Xcode does not automatically copy the aps-environment entitlement from provisioning profiles at build time. This behavior is intentional. To use this entitlement, either enable Push Notifications in the project editor's Capabilities pane, or manually add the entitlement to your entitlements file. For more information, see https://developer.apple.com/library/con ... 94-CH6-SW1.
all the posts are very old (last one seems to be from 2011) and I wonder if it is still OK to ignore the warning.

Moreover I wonder if it isn't time to find a way to somehow get rid of it.

AS far as I understand the link given in the warning teaches how to "register with the Apple push notification service" but it doesn't say how "not to register"

Thoughts?

Regards
Simon

teacherguy

Re: Missing Push Notification Entitlement still to be ignored?

Post by teacherguy » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:30 pm

It's still ok to ignore it but, like you, I do not understand why it happens.

Return to “iOS Deployment”