Invalid Launch Image and Missing Required Icon

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

allengwinn

Invalid Launch Image and Missing Required Icon

Post by allengwinn » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:09 pm

I am trying to build a rudimentary test of an app for testflight deployment just to see how it works. Try as I might, I can't get beyond the two errors (ITMS-90094 and ITMS-90022) after the app delivery. I added icons and splash screens for every size the app uses and the iPhone icon is 120x120 rendered with Asset Catalog Creator Pro. One thing that's interesting is the warning on the Beta Toolchain. I unchecked that in the Standalone Settings just to see if that would make a difference. It didn't. This is my first deployment on iOS. I'm open to suggestions.
app-store-error.jpg

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: Invalid Launch Image and Missing Required Icon

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:59 am

Hello allengwinn,

Just a shot in the dark, it might be the case you are using an incorrect version of the command line tools.

1. Which LC version are you using
2. Which MacOS version you are running
3. Which Xcode version you're using
4. What is the output of the following command in the terminal:

Code: Select all

xcode-select -p
Kind regards,
Panos
--

allengwinn

Post by allengwinn » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:36 pm

Here's what I did. I basically zogged everything--all versions of Xcode and everything else Xcode'ish: sims, command line stuff, prefs, everything I could find. Then I installed Livecode 9.0.1 and did a fresh install of Xcode 9.2 and 9.4.1. I was able to get it to compile and upload for Testflight with LC 9.0.1 and XC 9.4.1.

So I'll try it again with 9.0.2 but last I saw, 9.0.2 wouldn't recognize simulators from Xcode 9.4.1.

Compounding this all may be that this is the first time I've ever tried to do an app on the App Store (about 2 days of experience with any of it) so I'm basically the Village Idiot at this point--skilled just enough to be dangerous.

Can't wait to see how my app's going to turn out.

MWCoastMedia

Post by MWCoastMedia » Thu May 02, 2019 6:40 pm

I just ran into a similar problem (with those same exact missing icon sizes) and wanted to share my experience/solution with others.

I had been using Xcode 9.2 on macOS 10.12.6 for the longest time. Apple recently stopped accepting iOS builds from that version of Xcode so I finally HAD to upgrade: both Xcode & OS. After installing macOS 10.13.6 and downloading Xcode 10.1 (still not most current, but stable and supported) I encountered the same issue. The post from Panos above gave me a clue as to where to look.

My problem was that even though I installed the updated Xcode, and the path was returned properly in Terminal, I hadn't actually launched it and installed the additional required components. After that simple (but very important & missing) last step, my build was packaged properly and Application Loader didn't give me any errors. :D

Return to “iOS Deployment”