Connecting to Postgresql or ODBC from iOS

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

paulw

Connecting to Postgresql or ODBC from iOS

Post by paulw » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:49 am

I have a client who's just started down the route of having a new system built - it's Rails based, hosted on Heroku and is using PostgreSQL for the DB. They'd quite like a simple mobile app as well and as I just happen to have LiveCode available I was showing them what could be achieved in a short space of time. However, my simple demo didn't do anything complicated like connecting to their database. When I did add this I can get it working fine from the Desktop but then of course I found that neither PostgreSQL or ODBC (very much a last choice) are supported on iOS or Android.

Before I start down the route of setting up webservices to handle communication between my demo iOS app and his database is there an alternative? Or as this development isn't needed for a little while (new system is like 12 months away) is there any plans for PostgreSQL to be added to mobile support?

Thanks,
Paul

mimu
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Connecting to Postgresql or ODBC from iOS

Post by mimu » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:02 am

Take a look on dreamfactory,
With a couple of mouseclicks you will have a complete rest interface to your psql database which is easy accessible from mobile Livecode apps!

Return to “iOS Deployment”