mergDoc print not working

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

chelling

mergDoc print not working

Post by chelling » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:07 am

I am not sure if I suddenly have the wrong syntax or mergDoc is not getting included with standalone application settings. I have tried both manually and automatically. On the iPad, the preview sheet is not displaying. This is what I am using:

put specialFolderPath("Documents")& "/Test Session.pdf" into tPdfFile
set the printPaperOrientation to "landscape"
open printing to pdf tPdfFile
print this card from 0,0 to 1024,768 into 25,25,750,550
close printing
mergDocShowPreview tPdfFile

The last time I updated this app, I had to download the MergExt from livecode.com. That is no longer an option. I have checked the user guide and release notes for LiveCode 9, but still don't see what I am missing.

Thanks in advance.

JacobS

Re: mergDoc print not working

Post by JacobS » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:15 pm

Chelling,

Were you able to get mergDocShowPreview to work in recent versions of LiveCode? I haven't been able to get mergDoc to work with LiveCode 9.0.3. It looks like mergDoc isn't getting included with the standalone app when it is built.

I saw your post in the other forum, but decided to reply to this one (I think that makes sense since mergDoc is now part of LC and not an external).

JacobS

Re: mergDoc print not working

Post by JacobS » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:29 pm

Never mind, I figured out the issue. Here's what I had to do if other people had the same issue:

When you have "Search for required inclusions..." selected in the General tab in Standalone Settings, the mergX extensions are not properly included. You should select "Select inclusions for the standalone application" and then manually include the mergX extensions (e.g. mergDoc) in the Inclusions tab.

Everything worked as expected after doing this.

Return to “iOS Deployment”