Apple hosted content for iOS apps

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

spencerlearning
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Apple hosted content for iOS apps

Post by spencerlearning » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:05 am

I am getting ready to submit an iOS app that uses in-app purchases to sell levels. Each level is a zip file that the app downloads and unzips. Currently the level zip files are hosted on Amazon S3 US East (N. Virginia). In the testing I have done so far, testers in the US had no problem downloading the levels but testers in China and South Korea had a lot of trouble with the downloads.

It would be great to use Apple's content delivery system for reliably delivering downloads worldwide. Not to mention it's free. As I am setting up my in-app purchases in iTunes Connect, Apple is offering to host the content. I have searched to see if there is a way to take advantage of this in LiveCode, but I am not finding anything.

Does anyone know if LiveCode supports using Apple hosted content for in-app purchase downloads?

If Apple hosted content cannot be used, are there any suggestions for affordably delivering reliable downloads worldwide to mobile LiveCode apps, especially to countries like China and India?

Thanks,
Brian

Mikey

Re: Apple hosted content for iOS apps

Post by Mikey » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:59 pm

Is there any reason why LC's dropbox library won't do it for you?

garryjoshi

Re: Apple hosted content for iOS apps

Post by garryjoshi » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:34 am

Yes I prefer Dropbox over Amazon and Apple because it's much convenient, accessible worldwide without issues. And not to mention it's free, as well ;)

Return to “iOS Deployment”