Sending app to iOS 11.1 sim - Broken [Solved]

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

quailcreek

Sending app to iOS 11.1 sim - Broken [Solved]

Post by quailcreek » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:32 pm

Hi,
Has anybody been able to successfully send an app to the sim with xCode 9.1? I know we can only send to a retina display but that doesn't work now. The release note say you need at least OS 10.12.6

1) Open xCode and launch a 6s sim window.
2) Open LC and the app
3) Send app to sim

It tries to launch a 5s sim window. So I kill LC and xCode and the sim. Start the process over with launching a 5s sim window. LC tries to open an iPhone 6 sim window. and on and on...

LC 8.1.18 rc1
Last edited by quailcreek on Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom
MacBook Pro OS Mojave 10.14

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: Sending app to iOS 11.1 sim - Broken

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:00 pm

Hi Tom,

There seems to be a problem with multiple iOS simulators (Xcode 9+), see this report

http://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=20670

Do you remember if you had this problem with Xcode 9.0 and LC 8.1.7?

It definitely worked fine for me, but suddenly I had the problems you describe. I suspect this started happening when I installed Xcode 9.1.

A workaround for testing your app in iPhone 6s simulator:

0. Quit iOS 11.1 simulator
1. Press the "Test" button in LC

Result: iPhone 5s simulator window opens and tries to load (you see black screen)
3. Click "Device -> Restart" in the simulator menubar

Result: iPhone 5s simulator now *actually* loads, and the app is eventually installed

4. Do NOT close the iPhone 5s simulator window. Click again the LC "Test" button

Result: iPhone 6 simulator window opens and tries to load (you see black screen)

5. Make sure iPhone 6 Simulator window has the focus and Click "Device -> Restart" in the simulator menubar

Result: iPhone 6 simulator now *actually* loads, and the app is eventually installed

6. Do NOT close the iPhone 5s and iPhone 6 simulator windows. Click again the LC "Test" button

Result: iPhone 6s simulator window opens and tries to load (you see black screen)

7. Make sure iPhone 6s Simulator window has the focus and Click "Device -> Restart" in the simulator menubar

Result: iPhone 6s simulator now *actually* loads, and the app is eventually installed

From now on, if you follow the same steps, you'll see new simulators appearing (iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 7 etc)

So, if you want to continue testing on iPhone 6s simulator, you'll have to close the iPhone 6s simulator window (File -> Close Window from the simulator menubar) before clicking again the Test button.

Best,
Panos
--

quailcreek

Post by quailcreek » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:37 pm

Thanks, Panos. Yes, it worked find before xCode 9.1

The only reason I went to 9.1 was for the fix to touch ID.

I have multiple versions of xCode loaded so I can go back and test with 9.0.1 until things get worked out.
Tom

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:06 am

It worked fine for me too before Xcode 9.1, but now it behaves like that in both Xcode 9 and Xcode 9.1.

Anyway, if you find a workaround for bringing back the normal behaviour in Xcode 9 or/and Xcode 9.1 please let us know :)

Best,
Panos
--

quailcreek

Re: Sending app to iOS 11.1 sim - Broken [Solved]

Post by quailcreek » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:16 pm

Just to make sure people know. This has been solved in LC 8.1.8 rc2
Tom

Return to “iOS Deployment”