MergDoc / mergDocShowPreview Bug?

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

istech

MergDoc / mergDocShowPreview Bug?

Post by istech » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:39 am

Hi all,

I have a strange problem using mergDocShowPreview to view a word document using the modular view.

The function works as expected and I can view the .doc however after you press done in the modular preview I get the "carrier", "time", "battery" info stay at the top of the simulator. To add this makes the top of the app unresponsive. However, if I then use a merg pdf viewer the issue goes away. It seems like a focus problem. I have tried to add "focus on stack "mainstack" call after but to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Using LC 8.1.6 Xcode 8.2.1

Thanks

bogs

Re: MergDoc / mergDocShowPreview Bug?

Post by bogs » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:54 pm

Maybe this thread about focus would be of some help.

istech

Post by istech » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:38 am

Thanks for the reply bogs. However, it did not help in the end.

I am leaving this here to help someone avoid spending hours trying to fix this issue.

It turns out the status bar would reactivate after using the mergDocShowPreview function(not sure if this is a bug or the need for a function to be added to the merg external to read that status bar is hidden from mainstack and apply). The only way to remove it is to use the "iphoneHideStatusBar" command. After doing this all worked as normal. (albeit spending hours to find the fix) :cry:

bogs

Post by bogs » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:21 pm

Sorry it did not help, but glad you were able to find a resolution.

Return to “iOS Deployment”