Empty perBinaryResults key

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

jekyllandhyde

Empty perBinaryResults key

Post by jekyllandhyde » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:01 am

My App was approved on March 6th but today I got this cryptic message from Apple:

Hello,

We are reaching out to you because we were unable to process your latest build upload due to a bad binary. Specifically, your plist has an empty perBinaryResults key.

Please resolve this issue and resubmit your app.

I have no idea how to resolve this or why this should happen over a month after approval?

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: Empty perBinaryResults key

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:43 pm

Hi jekyllandhyde,

I have never heard of that key, and a quick Google search did not show anything. Moreover, it does not sound like an iOS plist key.

Did you by any chance use a custom plist file?

Best,
Panos
--

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by jacque » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:32 pm

Are you sure it's from Apple? There are scams that try to get your AppleID.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

jekyllandhyde

Post by jekyllandhyde » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:44 pm

Thanks for the help...

My first thought was that it was a scam but there is no link to click so I don't know what the point would be. I checked the message header and the email appeared to legitimately come from itunesconnect@apple.com. I replied and the message didn't bounce - no answer though.

I did not use a custom plist file, wouldn't know how to do that. Just the livecode standalone application settings in v. 8.1.0. Build was for iPod and iPhone 9.3 or later.

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:49 pm

In the standalone .app bundle, there should be an Info.plist file.

If you open it with TextEdit or TextWrangler, can you see any "perBinaryResults" key?

Strange..

jekyllandhyde

Post by jekyllandhyde » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:12 am

Panos, thanks, I checked it out with TextWrangler and no perBinaryResults key. I'm going to have to assume the email was bogus and I'll do nothing at this point. Will post here if anything else transpires. Thanks for your help.

Randy Hengst

Post by Randy Hengst » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:47 pm

Hello,

Thanks to Panos for pointing me to this tread... I shared this on the "use-livecode" list. I received the same message (no perBinaryResults key) on April 12th pointing to 6 apps... 1 new and 5 updates. As you noted, jekyllandhyde, the perBinaryResults key is nowhere to be found in the plist.

All of the apps were updated between 5 and 6 weeks ago (March 2, 3, 6, & 10) and include a font added through the Copy Files pane (first time I've ever included a font). I've not including a mapping reference file, but the fonts display just fine on the iPads. Did you include a font(s) by any chance?

I have included the exit on suspend hack where I've removed this line in the plist:
<key>UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend</key>
${APPLICATION_EXITS_ON_SUSPEND}

Might the removal of that line be the problem? I've used that hack for several years, so it's in more apps than the ones noted in the recent email from Apple.

jekyllandhyde

Post by jekyllandhyde » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:27 am

My App was approved March 6th so we have that in common, could be a bug on Apple's end? I haven't heard anything recently and have been avoiding dealing with it. Regarding the copy files pane, I didn't include any fonts. No exit on suspend hack either.

jekyllandhyde

Post by jekyllandhyde » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:20 pm

I can only conclude this was all total nonsense. I just re-submitted my App with a few bug fixes and no other changes. App was approved, so who knows?

Return to “iOS Deployment”