Text fields cut off on iOS

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

dvermes

Text fields cut off on iOS

Post by dvermes » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:27 pm

I'm very new to deploying iOS Apps using LiveCode. I've got it all set up at present, but the one mystery I have yet to find a solution for in these forums or anywhere else relates to text fields. I have a text field on the only card in the stack. The text fits perfectly well in that field. I used American Typewriter as the font, since that's an iOS-supported font. However, when I deploy the app to my iPhone and open it on the iPhone, the text in the field is cut off/truncated.

In the preOpenStack handler, I put:

set the fullScreenMode of this stack to "exactFit"

I can't figure out why the text fits on the stack in LiveCode, but is cut off on iOS. Does anyone knows how to resolve this?

Thanks!

dvermes

Re: Text fields cut off on iOS

Post by dvermes » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:28 pm

I may have just solved my own problem. I thought maybe the default font size of 13 might somehow not work on iOS, so I changed the font size of the problematic text field to be 14. I then re-deployed the app to iOS and it appeared properly this time! I then changed the font size back to 13, redeployed again, and it still worked fine. Maybe the default properties for a text field somehow don't work right when deployed to iOS, but if you manually change those properties, then all is good? A bit of a mystery. (I'm using LiveCode 8.1.3, by the way, since that's the most recent stable version and I'm using it with the students in my Intro to Computer Science class).

Klaus

Re: Text fields cut off on iOS

Post by Klaus » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:34 pm

Hi dvermes,

glad you could solve this issue!
If you can reproduce this, please consider to create a bug report here:
http://quality.runrev.com

Thank you!

Best

Klaus

Return to “iOS Deployment”