Error Msg "Could not find external rev zip for simulator 8.3

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

FireWorx

Error Msg "Could not find external rev zip for simulator 8.3

Post by FireWorx » Sat May 16, 2015 4:15 am

Hi Folks,
I am using Yosemite 10.10.3 with LC 7.0.4 and 7.0.5 and Xcode 6.3 and 6.2. I can't seem to test or build Stadalones with any of the external selections selected such as RevZip, PDF Printing, or MySql. I keep getting the message "Could not find external rev zip for simulator 8.3" same for 8.2 using any other externals checked in the standalone settings. Why do you think this is the case? I can build and test as long as I don't have any of the externals selected. I checked and the each of the external.bundle is located in the Content/Tools/Externals folder. Whats up?

FireWorx

Re: Error Msg "Could not find external rev zip for simulator

Post by FireWorx » Mon May 18, 2015 7:06 am

C'Mon there has to be somebody with an idea. right?

FireWorx

Post by FireWorx » Thu May 21, 2015 8:52 pm

So none of you LC Gurus have a clue why a guy might get a error message "Could not find external rev zip for simulator 8.3" when he attempts to test an App in the simulator with the rev zip box checked in the standalone settings? Im using LC 7.0.5 RC3 with Xcode 6.3.1 on a Mac OS X 10.10.3.
I can test apps but not with any of the externals checked. Can somebody take a minute to try it and report back?
Thanks

Simon
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Simon » Thu May 21, 2015 9:17 pm

Hi FireWorx,
I did try it after your second posting but for me it worked so I couldn't add anything to the post.
I'm on Mac 10.10.3 Xcode 6.3.2 and LC 7.05 with revzip selected but no error.

Simon
I used to be a newbie but then I learned how to spell teh correctly and now I'm a noob!

FireWorx

Post by FireWorx » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:59 pm

I was having some issues with my hard drives. I think encryption got selected as well as case sensitive so my time machine backups weren't working. I installed new hard drives and reloaded LC and Xcode and deleted all my expired profiles, generated new certificates and profiles and things started working. I did have an issue last night though were Xcode says my iPad is not 8.3 when it clearly is 8.3 and would not accept 8.3 build but eventually accepted an 8.2 build. Weird.
Thanfs for helping...

Return to “iOS Deployment”