App not running beyond iPhone 5 in simulator in 7.0.4

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

GSA_DC

App not running beyond iPhone 5 in simulator in 7.0.4

Post by GSA_DC » Thu May 14, 2015 9:51 pm

Hi again.

My other issue is with the updated app not running in anything over iPhone 5 or iPad 2 in the simulator (and perhaps on hardware - sourcing). It quits before getting to the end of the openStack call. Again, almost nothing has changed in this update. I'm now publishing from 7.0.4 (previous version was 6.6.2).

I notice from the console when debugging that when run successfully on eg. iPhone 5, that there is an error:

Code: Select all

Failed to make complete framebuffer object 8cd6
but it continues on and loads fine.

When I run it on an iPhone 6 simulator it quits halfway through the openStack with error:

com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimDevice.64D826CA-5A45-4D2F-939D-38076B48993E.launchd_sim[10688] (UIKitApplication:com.maguires.manddsapp[0xa414][10804]): Service exited due to signal: Segmentation fault: 11
I have yet to test on hardware - perhaps this is a simulator issue. I don't know. I am at a loss. Any insight greatly appreciated.

Kind regards, Paul.

GSA_DC

Re: App not running beyond iPhone 5 in simulator in 7.0.4 RE

Post by GSA_DC » Wed May 20, 2015 12:43 am

Hi.

Good news - I resolved this. It had to do with graphics acceleration and compositorType.

I originally had the app set the acceleratedGraphics of this stack to true. I also had the compositorTypes set to "openGL".
When I disabled these the app ran on all devices. But...

... it wasn't accelerated, After some experimentation and research I have the app accelerated and running on all devices in the simulator. I set it up in the preOpenStack as follows:

set the acceleratedGraphics of this stack to false
set the compositorType of this stack to "coregraphics" --"opengl"--
set the compositorTileSize of this stack to 64
set the compositorCacheLimit of this stack to (128 * 1024 * 1024)
I haven't tested this thoroughly or on real hardware yet but it works it seems. Maybe help someone else out.

Kind regards, Paul.

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: App not running beyond iPhone 5 in simulator in 7.0.4

Post by jacque » Wed May 20, 2015 5:43 pm

Do you mean acceleratedRendering? Normally the default compositor settings are what you want. There were several bugs with it though, fixed in the latest version of LC. Have you tried with 7.0.5?
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Return to “iOS Deployment”