XCODE 6.2 ( 6C131e) broke my iOS Sim?

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

srbarlow3
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

XCODE 6.2 ( 6C131e) broke my iOS Sim?

Post by srbarlow3 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:53 pm

My mac downloaded and upgraded Xcode a couple days ago and after the upgrade my iOS SDK is broken. The "Development" menu has "Test Target" and "Test" options grayed out. The SDK available square has become red on the mobile support "preferences page". Okay, I know it isn't smart to just let the OS upgrade application on their own but I did it. In fact once a while ago, about version 6.something I had a similar problem that went away just as soon as an upgrade of LC was released. I have tried LC 7.0.4rc but is also says there is not a valid SDK available. I know doing something stupid twice is... well we know what Forest Gump said.

My app was running fine in the iOS sim until the upgrade installed so I am pretty certain that's the problem. If I promise to turn automatic upgrades off will someone help me to get out of this? First is this the real problem and what options do I have? Dare I try to regress to an earlier Xcode version or should I just shelve my project and wait for an upgrade of LC? Help!

I am not new to LC or programming but i am to the OS X MAC. I bought this first Mac in 15 years only to do iOS development when I found I couldn't do it on windows. Be gentle since I lack basic skills like even where to find files... they must be hidden or something. I know there are app "bundles" but where the heck are they? I only see the app icon.

Anyway..any patient help appreciated.

Russ

ekek

Re: XCODE 6.2 ( 6C131e) broke my iOS Sim?

Post by ekek » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:09 am

The same thing just happened to me.

In preferences / mobile support the iOS SDK appears as no existent
Attachments
ios.png

JustinW42

Post by JustinW42 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:08 am

Don't worry, it wasn't anything you did! Any time there is a major Xcode update, Livecode must be updated as well to reflect the fundamental changes. The guys at LC are probably working furiously on an updated release for us, as we speak.

In the meantime, simply revert back to Xcode 6.1.1 and you should be fine. :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some things I do: http://www.katanadtg.com --- http://www.dtgprintsolutions.com

srbarlow3

Post by srbarlow3 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:19 pm

JustinW42 wrote:Don't worry, it wasn't anything you did! Any time there is a major Xcode update, Livecode must be updated as well to reflect the fundamental changes. The guys at LC are probably working furiously on an updated release for us, as we speak.

In the meantime, simply revert back to Xcode 6.1.1 and you should be fine. :)

Can you tell me how to do that? Do I need to uninstall the 6.2 and install 6.1.1 or is there another way? Can multiple versions of xcode co-exist?

Mikey

Post by Mikey » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:18 pm

Bug 14866, listed as "In Progress". Thank goodness for Time Machine. XCode auto-updated, this time, and I didn't notice, so it took a while to figure out that this had happened.

LCNeil
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LCNeil » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:25 pm

you can also get older versions of Xcode form the main Apple downloads repository here (sign in required)-

https://developer.apple.com/downloads/i ... name=Xcode

Kind Regards,

Neil Roger
--
LiveCode Support Team ~ http://www.livecode.com
-

Dixie
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Dixie » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:10 pm

LCNeil...

When is liveCode going to be able to run against xCode 6.2 ?

bhall2001

Post by bhall2001 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:55 pm

I am having this problem now with LC 7.0.4 RC2 but not LC 7.0.3. I'm curious if there is someone else who can confirm/deny that they are not able to get Dev menu working with latest Xcode on LC 7.0.4 RC2 or if I have to do something in my prefs to make it work. I see there is a bug report on this with LC 8 DP1 but not LC 7.0.4 RC2. Before I open one up I'm hoping to see if there's someone else having the same issue.

Thanks,
Bob

Adrien

Post by Adrien » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:10 pm

Hello,

I could work two days ago but now somehow my SDKs are gone and when I have to select my Xcode app bundle, "the chosen folder is not a valid iOS SDK...".

I have Xcode 6.2 (6C131e) and Livecode 7.0.0 Commercial Edition.

What do? Need to work here..

Thanks.

Dixie

Post by Dixie » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:16 pm

Adrian...

Download LC 6.7.4 or LC 7.0.4 if you are looking at using xCode 6.2... be careful, as both are RC versions, but the only ones that work with xCode 6.2..:-(

Return to “iOS Deployment”