This has been asked a couple of times and I haven't seen a single location for all the info on how to do this. So here it is;
You will need an SSL certificate on your website (you need to hit it with https://), I think I read somewhere that you can use Dropbox but I have never tried it.
I am not describing how to get provisioning profiles to work, that is a different problem.
There are 3 groups of things to do, change .app into .ipa, build a plist file, build the index.html or linking page.
For this example the app will be called myApplication.app
The site is https://www.mySite.com
You've got your cool app as a .app courtesy of liveCode now you must change that into a .ipa
1) Make a new folder and name it Payload (case sensitive)
2) copy your .app into that new folder
3) zip (compress) the folder up
4) rename the .zip to your app name changing the extension to .ipa (e.g. Payload.zip becomes myApplication.ipa (you will have to confirm the extension change)).
Next the plist file
Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>items</key> <array> <dict> <key>assets</key> <array> <dict> <key>kind</key> <string>software-package</string> <key>url</key> <string>https://www.mySite.com/wirelessInstall/myApplication.ipa</string> </dict> </array> <key>metadata</key> <dict> <key>bundle-identifier</key> <string>com.mySite.myApplication</string> <key>bundle-version</key> <string>1.0.1</string> <key>kind</key> <string>software</string> <key>title</key> <string>myApplication</string> </dict> </dict> </array> </dict> </plist>
1) the url to myApplication.ipa (note the https://)
2) bundle-identifier (mySite.com become com.mySite.myApplication)
3) bundle-version (be careful here it must match the actual version listed in the standalone settings). -- 3 does not = 3.0 thanks Kevin!
4) title (same as above)
5) name the file myApplication.plist
the rest can stay the same.
The link for your HTML page;
Code: Select all
<p><a href="itms-services://?action=download-manifest&url=https://www.mySite.com/wirelessInstall/myApplication.plist"><img src="images/iOS-Apple_sm.png" width="100" height="100" /> iOS Device click here to install the application.</a></p>
Oh one last thing. Upload your files
I think I have listed everything, as feedback comes in I will edit this post so peeps don't have to troll through any replys.