"The executable was signed with invalid entitlements."

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

grimaldiface

"The executable was signed with invalid entitlements."

Post by grimaldiface » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:28 am

I am trying to get an iOS app I have developed on to my iphone to test. I purchased the apple developer account, created/installed certificates, registered app id, added my UDID, and created/installed a provision profile. I have created developer certificates and provisions, btw. As far as I can tell, I have followed all of the recommended steps perfectly. However, every time I try and add my app to my iPhone through XCode I get the following error:

The executable was signed with invalid entitlements.
The entitlements specified in your application’s Code Signing Entitlements file do not match those specified in your provisioning profile. (0xE8008016).

I have uninstalled all the certificates/profiles and tried to reinstall like 20 times. I'm pulling my hair out over here. Google searchers seem to turn up scarce options. Not sure what to do, any help you can provide or questions I should be asking is most welcome. This process is absolutely RIDICULOUS--I just want to test my freaking app!

One thing I will say that is rather peculiar-- recently when I test my app in the simulator, it started with an alert that the app "wants to send you notifications". It only started doing this, I'm not sure why. Do I need special registration or something for alerts?

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: "The executable was signed with invalid entitlements."

Post by jacque » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:43 am

Does your app use push notifications? If you've checked that box in the iOS standalone settings but your provisioning profile doesn't include notifications, there's a mismatch.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

grimaldiface

Post by grimaldiface » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:52 am

No, it does not use push notifications, which is why I thought it was weird that it was asking. Stupid question, but "Ask" and "answer" dialogs don't count as push, right?

jacque

Post by jacque » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:17 am

No, ask and answer aren't push. But check the iOS standalone settings, maybe notifications got selected by accident.

FireWorx

Post by FireWorx » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:02 am

One thing that you might want to check is look in your key chain and make sure that you don't have two distribution certificates there. You should have one development and one distribution certificate. Ive had to delete out the extra distribution certificate before and then do the standalone build. Also be sure that the provisioning profile you have selected in the standalone builder is a development certificate not a distribution certificate.

grimaldiface

Post by grimaldiface » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:33 pm

jacque wrote:No, ask and answer aren't push. But check the iOS standalone settings, maybe notifications got selected by accident.
Push notifications is definitely not checked.
FireWorx wrote:One thing that you might want to check is look in your key chain and make sure that you don't have two distribution certificates there. You should have one development and one distribution certificate. Ive had to delete out the extra distribution certificate before and then do the standalone build. Also be sure that the provisioning profile you have selected in the standalone builder is a development certificate not a distribution certificate.
Okay, I will double check. I need a distribution certificate even if I'm only using the development certificate? I had only been generating the development one before.
Edit: verified no duplicate certificates.

jacque

Post by jacque » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:54 pm

It's apparently a known bug, which RR says you can ignore. More here: http://quality.runrev.com/show_bug.cgi?id=10979

FireWorx

Post by FireWorx » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:44 pm

Hi,
No you don't need a distribution certificate until you want to build a standalone for submittal to Apple. I think your development certificate may need to have your app name chosen in the provisioning profile portal on the apple development site but not sure. I am certain the Distribution Certificate needs to have the app name added to it before cert completion and the name has to match the app name you set up in iTunes Connect and the app name in the standalone builder prior to building your distribution app for submittal.

Sounds like it may be a non issue did t allow you to build the app after it posted the warning?

grimaldiface

Post by grimaldiface » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:51 am

FireWorx wrote:Hi,
No you don't need a distribution certificate until you want to build a standalone for submittal to Apple. I think your development certificate may need to have your app name chosen in the provisioning profile portal on the apple development site but not sure. I am certain the Distribution Certificate needs to have the app name added to it before cert completion and the name has to match the app name you set up in iTunes Connect and the app name in the standalone builder prior to building your distribution app for submittal.

Sounds like it may be a non issue did t allow you to build the app after it posted the warning?
I was able to build the app, just was not able to put it on my device through xcode.

grimaldiface

Post by grimaldiface » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:55 am

Still no luck. Here's another thing--I am using the Community build of LC. Do I need to be using Commercial to put the app on my device?

Simon

Post by Simon » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:36 am

Hi grimaldiface,
Yes, for iOS you do need LiveCode Commercial and an Apple developer licence to load your app onto device.
There is the $99 LiveCode Membership program.

Simon
I used to be a newbie but then I learned how to spell teh correctly and now I'm a noob!

grimaldiface

Post by grimaldiface » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:37 am

Simon wrote:Hi grimaldiface,
Yes, for iOS you do need LiveCode Commercial and an Apple developer licence to load your app onto device.
There is the $99 LiveCode Membership program.

Simon
Okay then! Would that be causing the error message I am getting when I try and load the app?

Simon

Post by Simon » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:48 am

Sorry, have never tried loading without Commercial.

Simon
I used to be a newbie but then I learned how to spell teh correctly and now I'm a noob!

grimaldiface

Post by grimaldiface » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:22 am

So I purchased a membership account. Now I don't understand--what does this actually get me? As far as I can tell I'm still just using the community build? Do I need to enter my membership info in somewhere?

dave.kilroy

Post by dave.kilroy » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:49 pm

Hi grimaldiface

The first few times I jumped through all the hoops Apple makes us jump through in order to get an app on an iOS device it took me AGES and pulled out A LOT OF HAIR (very little left now) - so I feel your frustration

However like Simon I've never tried building for iOS on anything other an LC commercial so can I ask some silly questions just to make sure? When you bought your commercial LC licence did you download and install the commercial version of LC? You can't apply a commercial licence to a community build of LC, you need to get the commercial version and use your commercial licence to activate/unlock it.

Some more silly questions, after you downloaded provisioning profiles etc did you double-click them? Have you re-built your provisioning profile since iOS 8 came out? - you need to refresh profiles built before iOS 8. Also, in Xcode have you gone into preferences/accounts/view details and clicked the refresh button to check whether Xcode is happy with your certificates etc?

Other things to try is to make sure that all the boxes in the standalone application settings dialog box are absolutely correct - things like: make sure that there are no trailing spaces or other invisible characters in the internal app id or profile boxes; make sure that there are not two profile entries in the profile drop-down box; make sure the selected profile is the current one by deselecting it, saving and exiting the standalone application settings dialog, opening it up again and selecting it again; make sure there are no extra spaces or invisible characters (or extra lines) in the version box; make sure that there are three sets of integers separated by periods in the version box; make sure the text string in the internal app id is EXACTLY the same as you recored on the developer profile (if you used capitals in the app id name on the profile consider making another app id using only lowercase letters)

If the above didn't help I would check everything on the development portal to trailing spaces etc

Some more questions - are you using any externals in your app? Are you sure these are up-to-date and fit for iOS8? Similarly are you using any libraries/frameworks (e.g. mobGUI), are these up-to-date and fit for iOS8?

If none of these help I would try creating new app ids and provisioning profiles and use with a new 'hello world' app

And finally, something I should have checked earlier - what OS, Xcode and LC versions are you running?

Good luck!

Dave
"...this is not the code you are looking for..."

Return to “iOS Deployment”