"The executable was signed with invalid entitlements."

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

grimaldiface

Re: "The executable was signed with invalid entitlements."

Post by grimaldiface » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:16 am

Well dave, I typed out a long reply addressing each of your points. Then livecode logged me out for inactivity, and didn't save any of my progress. Awesome. Here are the highlights of what I had to say.

1) I created a "hello, world" app, created an app id and profile, and successfully installed it on my phone. Hooray! So, you *do not* need commercial version for this. However, when I went to repeat the process with my actual app, no luck!
2) I am running OS X 10.9.5, XCode 6.1.1, and LC 7.0.1.
3) I am using the sqlite external. Should that automatically be up to date, since it is a default external?
4) All profiles built post iOS 8
5) Triple checked all the things you mentioned. Did not find anything incorrect.

Simon
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Simon » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:24 am

Hi grimaldiface,
So, you *do not* need commercial version for this.
Yes, sorry. It's only when your app is ready and you want to upload it to the App store.
Apple does not currently allow open source software.

Simon
I used to be a newbie but then I learned how to spell teh correctly and now I'm a noob!

grimaldiface

Post by grimaldiface » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:28 am

Success!! It was a dumb mistake! When I was entering in the internal app id (com.companyname.myapp), I somehow got it in my head that I was supposed to include the random string that apple prepends (it was something like GHKK79KJ.com.companyname.myapp). When I deleted that, everything worked! I feel so dumb, but I don't care!!!!!!!

Also wasted $ on a membership I don't need....hopefully I can get that back. Thanks for everyone's help!

FireWorx

Post by FireWorx » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:09 am

Not sure if your App uses GPS or not but for an IOS 8 build you need to select to Select Location Authorization Type either "Always" or "When In Use" at the top and LEAVE GPS as N/A below. Why don't you try deselecting all the inclusions like RevZip, MySQL, PDF Printing, WiFi etc and try and build and install the Ap on your device. The Ap may not work but if the device takes it slowly add the inclusions until you find out what the problem is. Unchecking the GPS and setting it to N/A worked for me which seemed ridiculous because my app uses GPS but in IOS 8 its covered with the Location Authorization Type setting at the top instead.

It seems odd that you are able to build the app but the device is not taking it. Does it give you a different message when go to the x-code device window and hit the plus button, choose the App, and try and load it onto the iDevice? (this is the way its done now in x-code 6.1.1 you no longer use the organizer window)

If you build for IOS 7 and try and load it onto an IOS 8 device it will give you a error message for sure.

I just sent three new builds up to Apple last night for IOS 8. I used LC 6.7.1 and x-code 6.1.1. Everything went OK after I fixed that issue with the GPS settings.

Good Luck.
Dave

wizard

Post by wizard » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:50 pm

After hours at this we discovered that the reason we had inadvertently left "Beta Version" checked when we went to our developer profile. Since we had used Apple's Test Flight for an earlier version to distribute to our testers, Test Flight uses the production profile with the "Beta version" box checked.

lgoin

Post by lgoin » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:43 am

Grimaldiface... I just wanted to say thank you for this post, even if it has been a while since it was posted. I'm almost ready to submit to Apple and ran across a dreaded "entitlement" error. I made the same mistake (including the random string in the ID like GHKK79j.com.companyname.myapp). I removed the "string" leaving com.etc... and no more entitlement error. You saved me a lot of hassle and time and I so appreciate it!!
All the best...
Laura

gregmiller

Post by gregmiller » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:20 am

Old thread, I know. But, I had the same issue with Xcode 9.2, LiveCode 9.02. Looks to me like it started working when I unchecked BETA in the Standalone Settings. This after doing all of the provisioning, certificates, app ID, etc. stuff for hours. I can now get my development app on to my iPhone using Xcode without getting the dreaded message.

Return to “iOS Deployment”