iOS7 and scrolling fields

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

scotttyang

iOS7 and scrolling fields

Post by scotttyang » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:25 am

Anyone noticed since iOS7 that the scrolling fields, using

iphoneControlCreate "scroller"

have now been either too sensitive without the touch delay or just not working at all?

Scott

Jellicle

Re: iOS7 and scrolling fields

Post by Jellicle » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:49 am

Nope. Mine work fine.

Gerry
14" MacBook Pro
Former LiveCode developer.
Now recovering.

Dixie
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Dixie » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:47 pm

Scott..

Yes I noticed that.. it seems that a 'fix' right now is to set 'canCancelTouches' to false. This seems to have worked for me. This 'fix' was suggested by support@runrev on the use-list yesterday... I am scrolling a lot of groups and using a 'behavior' to control actions in the groups. I was using 'mouseDown, mouseUp' handlers in the 'behavior' script that made them very sensitive... using the 'touch' commands instead seems to have sorted the problem..

Dixie

scotttyang

Post by scotttyang » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:22 am

Dixie,

Do you have a sample script of your fix using the "touch" commands? My main menu are images some 40 images in a horizontal scroller. On Mousedown triggers a "go to card...". But, the mousedown is triggered before the scoller scrolls so, the scroller is essentially useless. So the 60% of the people who upgraded to iOS7 have my App at home that is now nonfunctional, So I need to correct the problem and upload a fast update!

Simon
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Simon » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:40 am

Wouldn't you just use mouseUp?
Yes, mouseDown would screw a scroll.

Simon
I used to be a newbie but then I learned how to spell teh correctly and now I'm a noob!

Nakia

Post by Nakia » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:36 am

Must be something specific.. I have an app that is running on IOS7 now that uses Scrolling Fields (via tmControls) which seem to work fine.
Any further detail on the issue? is it just a delay thing?

scotttyang

Post by scotttyang » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:49 am

Scroll fields with text works fine, though I noted a bit sensitive. But I have a SCROLLER group of images instead of a field. When an image is clicked, it goes to a particular card. So in iOS7, somehow mousedown and mouse up prevent a scroller from moving side to side. But following Dixie's transition to using touchstart and touchend, it seems to have worked.

local tid
on touchstart tid
end touchstart

on touchend tid
go to cd next card
end touchend

Will need to test it out this weekend and update quick on the App Store before I get 30,000 complaints in email!

Scott

Dixie

Post by Dixie » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:49 pm

Scott..

You have done exactly what I have done... threw everything into a'touchEnd' handler. My behaviour script still gave problems when I moved the lines of the handler from the 'mouseDown' to the 'touchStart' and the 'mouseUp' to the 'touchEnd'... the only solution at the moment seems to have everything in the 'touchEnd handler...:-( I think there are another couple of behaviour scripts though where not being able to split the lines of script between mousedown/touchStart and mouseUp/touchEnd will give me some hassle... c'est la vie...:-)

Dixie

Return to “iOS Deployment”