Lice code requires 5.1 SDK, I have SDK 6

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

bernbout

Lice code requires 5.1 SDK, I have SDK 6

Post by bernbout » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:21 pm

Hi
I D/l and installed the Live code Community edition. I have Xcode 4.6.2 [latest] and iOS SDK 6.1 installed on OSX Lion.

I do not want to install another older version of the SDK so how can I use Live code without installing an older version of Xcode?

The Apple site lists the downloads where the 5.1 SDK exists as Xcode 4.3.3 but that is an older version.

Any ideas of whether I can use my current 6.1 SDK with Live code or how to download and install the 5.1 without screwing with my current xcode 4.6.2.

Thanks

Bernbout

Janschenkel
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Lice code requires 5.1 SDK, I have SDK 6

Post by Janschenkel » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:22 pm

Hi Bernbout,

Even though Trevor DeVore compiled this for those wanting to contribute to the engine development, the steps should also work for adding older iPhone SDKs to your Xcode environment: http://trevordevore.clarify-it.com/d/j9fxqj

HTH,

Jan Schenkel.
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for LiveCode
www.quartam.com

bernbout

Post by bernbout » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:42 pm

@Jan Schenkel

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Reading thru that post I assume I first need to d/l the 3.2.6 and then the script?

Anyway, searching on Google showed me how to copy the 5.1 SDK into the correct folders and now I get a GREEN box so Live code recognises my 5.1 SDK.

On the page of the link you pointed me to I read this about 2/3 way down

"Open engine.xcodeproj

Now open the engine.xcodeproj project that is distributed with the LiveCode source code."

Q1. Where exactly do I get this engine.xcodeproj and source code and is it actually available to download?

Q2. Why can I NOT generate a xcode project and compile it myself? Is there any way to do this with Live code? I am able to Test the project on my simulator.
Is there such a possibility of an xcode project generation available?

Thanks

Bernbout

Janschenkel

Post by Janschenkel » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:21 pm

Ah, oops, that manual goes beyond adding older SDKs to Xcode, straight into the realm of building your own version of LiveCode Community.
In your case, you don't have to go beyond the 'Now cleanup' section.

I'm not an expert on iOS deployment, but LiveCode won't generate Xcode projects; rather, it links its runtime with your stacks and externals, and delivers a complete package.
You may be interested in this lesson (if you haven't read it already): http://lessons.runrev.com/s/lessons/m/2 ... on-for-ios

Jan Schenkel.
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for LiveCode
www.quartam.com

Return to “iOS Deployment”