Current Distribution Certificate

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller

conde

Current Distribution Certificate

Post by conde » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:55 pm

My first app (MyFirstApp) is for 11 months in the AppStore. Now I want to upload a second app (MySecondApp). The Current Distribution Certificate is for MyFirstApp. How do I create a second Distribution Certificate?

FireWorx

Re: Current Distribution Certificate

Post by FireWorx » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:48 am

This is the method I have been using taken from a post by colorpixels.

0) Log into the apple developer web site and create an app id in the provisioning portal, use the format teamid.* so it'll be something like EDFGSHSGEY6.*

1) On your desk top Generate a single certificate using keychain request certificate from a certificate authority. Use your email address associated with your iOS developer account, and the name you signed up using, save to disk option. oh first setting keychain prefs to certificates - OCSP off CRL off. You're going to use this certificate for both dev & distribution.

2) On the developer web site In the provisioning portal click on the development tab, upload your certificate (from wherever you saved it to). Re-click on certificates and your certificate should now be available for download. Download it + the WWDR certificate. Double click on each individually to load them into keychain.

3) in certificates, click on distribution. Do the same as 2), download then doubleclick. (I think the WWDR cert is the same for both so can probably skip that for distribution)

4) In the portal switch to the provisioning tab, you need to do the following for both the development and distribution tabs). Click the new profile button. Give it a unique name (like "my App development provisioning" and "my App distribution provisioning"). Select the certificate you uploaded (will be a checkbox with your name if it looks like my screen. Select the App id you created in step 0), then click submit.

5) Click on the provision tab again and your profiles should be available for download. Download both the dev and distro versions to you machine somewhere

6) Open up Xcode and switch to the organiser. Deselect automatic device provisioning. Drag in the two provisioning profiles you downloaded in 5)

7) Open up live code and select the distribution profile in the standalone IOS setting screen. You must also have the same app ID as step 0)

8 ) Build your standalone app, then zip if up by right clicking on it and selecting compress xxxx.app

8.5) Log on to ITunes connect and fill out the description of your app and upload all your screen shots. Click the button to upload the metadata and then wait for apple to inform you that they are prepared for your submission. It may take a day.

9) open up application loader, enter your developer credentials. Navigate to your newly created zip file (application loader only accepts a zip file). Hold your breath and click submit. it'll take a little while, seems to have quite a few steps it goes through but they're all automatic.

Hope this helps,
Dave

conde

Post by conde » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:56 am

Thank ForWorx. I'll try it. I just do it for my two apps every time a new Certificate.

FireWorx

Post by FireWorx » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:10 am

I am having problems myself. Completely unable to upload a minor upgrade (the 4th one ) to my app in the iTunes Store. Passes all the tests right up to "failed to upload to ITunes". I have spent 2 nights working on this. Apple has created a major headache for us developers. I mean look at the instructions you have to follow I gave you above. And to have to go through this type of thing every time THEY come out with a new OS upgrade or you want to improve your program. IT''S INSANE!

Return to “iOS Deployment”