LiveCode Community project = Education Industry API

Find out what's going on with LiveCode (the company), product releases, announcements, and events.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

William Jamieson
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
Location: Palo Alto, CA put williamdjamieso into tEmail / put n@gmail.com after tEmail/ revmail tEmail

LiveCode Community project = Education Industry API

Post by William Jamieson » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:34 pm

Today I would like to announce that we are going to be setting up a meeting on Thursday, October 6th, 9am PST to talk about how we can create an integration between LiveCode and the standardized eLearning compatibility systems such as xAPI, TinCan, LTI etc.

The goal of this project is to allow LiveCode to be a seamlessly integrated tool for creating education technology. Most education web platforms abide by one of these standard protocols, and to create professional education software, we need to make that bridge too. If we can put our efforts together once and distribute the labor, all of us will benefit. This will be an open-source project we can gift to the community when we are finished. This also allows for future growth and contribution from others too.

If you would like to be a part of this, then please send me a message to "williamdjamieson@" & tGooglesEmailDomainName & ".com: and let me know if 1) you would like to contribute 2) you can attend the meeting, or 3) if you aren't sure but find the project interesting and would like to stay up to date.

I plan to use Google Hangouts for the meeting and will keep everyone in the loop via group emails unless everyone has a more preferred method of communication such as a Slack or Facebook group.

Thank you all for your consideration.

-Will

(PS if the meeting time doesn't work for you please suggest a couple alternative meeting times that do and we will try to get as many people on the call as possible. Thank you)

Return to “Announcements”