mergExt Updates for iOS 8.1 and mergNotify 2

Find out what's going on with LiveCode (the company), product releases, announcements, and events.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

monte
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

mergExt Updates for iOS 8.1 and mergNotify 2

Post by monte » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:13 am

Hi LiveCoders

Today I am releasing updates for all the mergExt externals to add iOS 8.1 support. This will mean you can build with LiveCode 6.6.5 against Xcode 6.1.

I am also realising a major update to mergNotify to support OS X. The external not supports posting NSNotifications (note these are not the user/push notifications supported in the engine). The main reason we would want to do this is on OS X where we can post and observe notifications using the distributed notification center. This means you can have multiple apps on the one machine and post notifications that the others might observe. A notification is just a named event that you might be interested to know about.

Please note that there is currently a known bug in LiveCode 6.7 that impacts the performance of the external on OS X on Yosemite.

Cheers

Monte
LiveCode User Group on Facebook : http://FaceBook.com/groups/LiveCodeUsers/

scrabbles

Re: mergExt Updates for iOS 8.1 and mergNotify 2

Post by scrabbles » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:07 pm

Thanks Monte,

Unfortunately i'm getting an error using mergJSON and creating a standalone for iOS, "file was built for arm7 which is not the target arch being linked arm64 ... undefined symbols for arm64". Is this external ready for LC 6.7/7.0 + iOS 8+?

OS X 10.10
xCode 6.1.1
LC 6.7.2 (rc2), 7.0.1 and 7.0.2 (rc1)
mergJSON-Commercial-1.0.10

iOS 8.1

- mark

monte

Re: mergExt Updates for iOS 8.1 and mergNotify 2

Post by monte » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:41 pm

There's some issues with the external SDK for 64 bit. I'll get new builds out ASAP.
LiveCode User Group on Facebook : http://FaceBook.com/groups/LiveCodeUsers/

Return to “Announcements”