windows standalone

Get help and support using chartsEngine for LiveCode.

Moderators: heatherlaine, BvG

adventuresofgreg

windows standalone

Post by adventuresofgreg » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:10 pm

I cannot get ChartsEngine 1.2 to run in Windows 7

I set the main stack of ChartsEngine to my stack (confirmed by application builder)
I can run the standalone in OSx and ChartsEngine does work

I added this to openstack:

on openStack
start using stack "chartsEngine"
pass openStack
end openStack

Thanks
Greg K

adventuresofgreg

Re: windows standalone

Post by adventuresofgreg » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:36 pm

Correction: I cannot get Chartsengine to run in OSx standalone either. In fact, I can't seem to save Chartsengine as a substack of my main stack. The message box script give me an error each time I do:

set the mainstack of stack "chartsEngine" to stack "Eplotter"

And I can go into properties manager of Chartsengine in Application browser, and set the main stack of chartsengine to "Eplotter", but it won't stay. When I launch "Eplotter", ChartsEngine launches along with it, but ChartsENgine won't appear as a SUBSTACK in Eplotter.

adventuresofgreg

Post by adventuresofgreg » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:37 pm

Correction: I cannot get Chartsengine to run in OSx standalone either. In fact, I can't seem to save Chartsengine as a substack of my main stack. The message box script give me an error each time I do:

set the mainstack of stack "chartsEngine" to stack "Eplotter"

And I can go into properties manager of Chartsengine in Application browser, and set the main stack of chartsengine to "Eplotter", but it won't stay. When I launch "Eplotter", ChartsEngine launches along with it, but ChartsENgine won't appear as a SUBSTACK in Eplotter.

BvG
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by BvG » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:55 am

Oh dear, it seems something was miss-configured with my forum account, and I didn't see your question :(

It's probably too late now, but you cannot add ChartsEngine as a substack, because ChartsEngine is a password protected stack. Instead you should add it to the project using the "Standalone Application Settings" of LifeCode.

Also take a look at the documentation of ChartsEngine, the proper way is described there in detail.
Various teststacks and stuff:
http://bjoernke.com

Chat with other RunRev developers:
chat.freenode.net:6666 #livecode

Return to “chartsEngine”