Newbie Help Please!

Want to move your code and projects to LiveCode but don't know where to start?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, robinmiller

bidgeeman

Newbie Help Please!

Post by bidgeeman » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:17 am

Hi,
I'm new to programming and was following the online tutorial videos till it made reference to what looked like an old version of the help documantation. Is there somewhere I can get a copy of the old docs as they make a lot more sense to me than the layout of the new help documentation. I can quickly reference the object commands in the old docs but in the new ones everything is blended togather.
Can someone help please?

Thanks
Bidgeeman

marielle
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Newbie Help Please!

Post by marielle » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:30 am

Ahh, somebody with good taste ;-). I know Mark has a stack of his own to browser the doc, in the way you suggest. I will let him answer.

About the docs, note that I have had like you a period of complete aversion for the format chosen for 2.7 and onwards. With time, I seem to get used to it and not mind the difference much anymore. But this is perhaps because as a somewhat experienced programmer, I am already familiar with most commands and the general organisation of the language.

Mark

Post by Mark » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:56 pm

Hi,

Right, I have a stack, the scripts for which were provided by Benedikt. The stack I made is buggy and doesn't show all pages in the docs. If you want to improve my stack and promise to return the result to me, I'll be happy to send it to you off-list.

Best,

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

Return to “Converting to LiveCode”