Filemaker 9 to Revolution Query

Want to move your code and projects to LiveCode but don't know where to start?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, robinmiller

mikejshaw

Post by mikejshaw » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:01 am

Hello,
I've self developed a small inventory / contacts / invoices / purchase order database for my online bookstore in Filemaker Pro. The next part of the process is to develop a POS module. This module would have to utilise a barcode printer; thermal receipt printer and cash drawer. I haven't seen many posts in the Rev forums related to retail applications. My Filemaker research shows I need a few plug-ins to achieve the above requirements. Is Revolution able to do all of the above? Or is it an environment not really suited to this type of application?

I'd like to be able to deploy the package on Windows or Linux.

Many thanks
Michael Shaw

edljr
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by edljr » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:12 am

Michael,

Have you checked out the FileMakerPro Migrator? There was a recent Webinar, here is the link: http://www.runrev.com/offers/webinar-20 ... rator2.wmv

I have not used it, but did attend the Webinar. It appears to be a very easy to use, but powerful product.

Ed

mikejshaw

Thanks for the link!

Post by mikejshaw » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:37 am

Thankyou for the helpful reply. Oddly enough, I found that the Migrator also supports Servoy conversion (also on my list of things to look at). I also found a German company that appears to have Revolution-specific scripts/drivers to connect cash drawers.
Many thanks
Michael Shaw

Return to “Converting to LiveCode”