Another take on multiple HCard stacks in files to Rev

Want to move your code and projects to LiveCode but don't know where to start?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, robinmiller

Kay Tate

Another take on multiple HCard stacks in files to Rev

Post by Kay Tate » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:23 pm

I have about 10 stacks that I use off of my HyperCard home stack. These stacks call each other. One is a journal with major daily entries. One is my notebook with detailed notes from meetings. One is my call center. Etc. I have successfully converted each of these stacks in a separate file over to Revolution.

Now, I need to "glue" them together. I have tried to set up a new home card replacement with a different name and have tried to put the other stacks as substacks of that new home card, but I can't seem to get the stacks recognized in the files. I changed the colons in the file names to slashes (since I'm on UNIX) to try to fix the path and tried to set up use of other stacks in the open script.

Is there a straightforward way to get a successfully imported Revolution stack into a recognized substack so that it remains in a separate file, but can be called? It also needs to call other substacks. This is my own application, so I have the luxury of moving the files over to a Linux system by hand if necessary to run this toolset.

Thanks for help with this one.

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by FourthWorld » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:59 am

See the stackFiles stack property in the Rev Dictionary. Making entries in that property for your separate stack files should take care of being able to locate them, even when your scripts address them by their short name.
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

Kay Tate

Post by Kay Tate » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:53 am

Thanks, I finally got the pieces together to get it working.

Return to “Converting to LiveCode”