Converting media assets for use in animation

Want to move your code and projects to LiveCode but don't know where to start?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, robinmiller

tomBTG
Livecode Opensource Backer

Converting media assets for use in animation

Post by tomBTG » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:56 pm

Hi,

I am porting a Director project to Livecode and need a way to bring in the graphic assets. I have the original asset files (vector drawings) in two formats: Illustrator v7 .ai and Flash swf files. But so far I cannot find any way to import either of those formats into LiveCode.

When I tried using the stack "esp_import_v05c.rev" for this, it does import a test.ai file, but the imported graphic has these problems:
* It imports upsidedown
* It has a bad case of the jaggies
* It won't resize

I use vector art files so they will scale well at different screen sizes. I am using LC 6.6.2. on Windows.

Is v6.7 or v7 of Livecode going to have improved graphics handling? Does this extend to importing? If not, what vector format is supported by Livecode?

Thanks.
Tom B.

tomBTG

Re: Converting media assets for use in animation

Post by tomBTG » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:10 pm

Update:

It's a backdoor approach, but using revBrowser I am able to load vector drawing files as .pdf and .svg (into LC 6.6.2 on Windows 7). Now the trouble is the transparent background of the drawings is lost in the import process. I confirmed the files have transparent background after export. But once they are in revBrowser, the backgrounds are white.

Any suggestions for how to restore transparency? Since revBrowser is not appearing as a control in the Project Browser, is there no access to the usual property settings for controls?

TIA,
Tom

newtronsols

Re: Converting media assets for use in animation

Post by newtronsols » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:05 am

Might be worth serching forum and asking respondents e.g.

http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.ph ... de#p107118

Return to “Converting to LiveCode”