Lost Hypercard graphics on conversion

Want to move your code and projects to LiveCode but don't know where to start?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, robinmiller

jgerdeen

Lost Hypercard graphics on conversion

Post by jgerdeen » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:31 pm

I have some Hypercard stacks that I am trying to convert to LiveCode. I went through the tutorial on the Hyperactivesw web site using the sample Tech Support TimeSaver stack, but none of the graphics came over. The same thing happened on one of my personal stacks. The tutorial recommended using GraphicConverter for any PICT resources in the Hypercard stack, but there were were only 4 small button icons that were just as easy to reselect in the LiveCode property inspector. The missing graphics were just part of the backgrounds and did not use the AddColor external in Hypercard.

I exchanged email with Jacque who thinks that the revision of the LiveCode image rendering engine may be the issue. Does anyone know of a way to overcome this problem other than doing a screen copy on the old Hypercard stack? Would it be possible to use an old version of LiveCode to convert and then upgrade to a new version?

BTW, I used Hypercard 2.4.1 running on a Mac OSX Tiger/Classic system and LiveCode Commercial 6.6 under Mavericks OSX.

Thanks,
Joel Gerdeen

jgerdeen

Re: Lost Hypercard graphics on conversion

Post by jgerdeen » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:32 am

I learned from Jacque that the graphics imaging changed in LiveCode 6 so I found an older version 4.6.4 that I had archived several years ago. I opened a number of stacks with it and all graphics seem to have come across fine. I saved the stacks and reopened them in LC 6.6. Working beautiful now though need typical changes mentioned in the tutorial. I assume that other versions between 4.6.4 and 6.0 would also work for the conversion. :D

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by FourthWorld » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:37 am

Confirmed here. Have you filed a bug report on this?
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

jgerdeen

Post by jgerdeen » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:15 am

Yes, I just filed Bug 12101.

Joel

Return to “Converting to LiveCode”