iBooks author to livecode

Want to move your code and projects to LiveCode but don't know where to start?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, robinmiller

kesh17aki

iBooks author to livecode

Post by kesh17aki » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:07 am

Hello guys... I just wanted to ask if there is any possibility that livecode could read ibooks author ebooks or is there any possibility that ibooks author ebook download can be secured through embedding a code for securing the download for ebooks, like minimizing ebook piracy. For example, i have developed an ebook using iBooks author, then i wanted my ebook to be secured especially in downloading. 1 user should download 1 app per device.. and it should not be allowed to be shared/synced to another device... How would it be possible? Thank you.

Mark
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: iBooks author to livecode

Post by Mark » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:05 pm

Hi,

What would you do with a "secured" iBooks Author ebook? You can't release it on the iTunes store and the only way people can read commercial works is with the iBooks app on a device. According to he Author license, if a fee is charged for the work and it is in the .ibooks format, the it may only be sold through the iBookstore.

I think that an Author ebook is basically a zip or gzip file. You might be able to take it apart and display it in a LiveCode stack, but you'll have to write your own scripts to put it back together in LC and you can't ask money for it.

Best,

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

bestfriend

Post by bestfriend » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:17 pm

I've got Revolution, Rev Studio, LiveCode 4.6.3, and LiveCode Community 6.0 all on the same (ancient, overloaded, Win XP) computer. What do I really need? Delete everything but LiveCode Community?
BESTFRIEND

dunbarx
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by dunbarx » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:53 am

Hi.

6.x is a superset of those others, though I am not sure about revStudio.

I have a bunch of old versions as well, but only use the latest.

Craig Newman

SparkOut

Post by SparkOut » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:28 pm

Was that really a genuine question? planted in an old thread which bears no relation to the topic of the post?

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:52 pm

SparkOut wrote:Was that really a genuine question? planted in an old thread which bears no relation to the topic of the post?
Don't be afraid, Major-K is watching everything here with a keen eye, ready to take action when neccessary 8)

Thanks to the good training possibilities here in the forums, I am now able to bann a user and delete up to 16
of his postings in under one (1) minute manually! :D

Return to “Converting to LiveCode”