Add Unity into LiveCode project

Want to move your code and projects to LiveCode but don't know where to start?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, robinmiller

Seleen

Add Unity into LiveCode project

Post by Seleen » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:42 pm

Hi, my question is pretty simple.
Is there a way to create an iOS app with Livecode and integrate in it a Unity 3D part?
Now I'm developing with Xcode and adding Unity is not that easy. Since my apps should run on Android too, I would like, if possible, to make the entire code with Livecode but only if is it possible to start a unity 3d module, or example, by simply clicking a button.
Thanks!

markw
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Add Unity into LiveCode project

Post by markw » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:20 am

Simple question but not a trivial technical solution. :)

As far as I know there isn't a way to embed Unity 3D content into another app using Unity's tools. It may not even be possible to do at all due to the licensing code in Unity that has to run during the app startup.

It's almost certainly possible to do it the other way around, using Embedded LiveCode as part of an extension to a Unity 3D app. Currently Embedded LiveCode is only available for iOS (and still in pre-release state?) but there's supposed to be an Android version coming sometime. Not sure how that timeline fits in with the open source initiative.

Unity 3D generates XCode and Android projects for you as part of the build process so if you know Objective-C for iOS, Android Java, Unity 3D and LiveCode then I'm sure you can find a way to mix them with the minimum of native code for each platform.

karmacomposer

Re: Add Unity into LiveCode project

Post by karmacomposer » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:43 am

Why not create an iFrame and deploy your Unity3D to run in a web/HTML5 webpage. Then it would not matter what device you run it on and you could embed it as a web browser control in LiveCode.

Mike

Return to “Converting to LiveCode”