how do I handle multiple stacks or script libraries?

Want to move your code and projects to LiveCode but don't know where to start?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, robinmiller

waprothero

how do I handle multiple stacks or script libraries?

Post by waprothero » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:46 pm

What is the best way to organize a fairly large project that needs to run on mobile and desktop? I want to have a library of handlers that I use often. I'd like to be able to use this library on any project I build. What is the best way to do this? In director, this is accomplished with external castLibs. Can a similar approach be used in LiveCode, with separate stacks and substacks?
Bill Prothero

shaosean

Re: how do I handle multiple stacks or script libraries?

Post by shaosean » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:48 am

Yes.. When developing in the IDE, have the library stack open and just issue a "start using stack" command to make it a library stack..
In the Standalone Application Settings window, click on the "Stacks" button and use the "Add Stack File" button to add that library stack to the compiled applications.. Beware Rev's artificial* limits to the number of library stacks you can have loaded in a compiled application..

* I say artificial as it is no longer needed because the engines used in the IDE and the standalone apps are different and the standalone apps engine can no longer be used to compile applications and they have not had a "starter edition" since they bought out metacard (which is where the limits all started)..

Return to “Converting to LiveCode”