Become a Revolution Community Partner

Visit here to inform or invite LiveCode users to user groups, meetings, conventions or other gatherings. Events must be related to LiveCode.

Moderators: FourthWorld, Klaus, robinmiller

Lynn

Become a Revolution Community Partner

Post by Lynn » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:02 am

If you want to set up a Revolution User’s Group or a special interest group in your local computer group, Runtime Revolution wants to hear from you about becoming a Revolution Community Partner.

Revolution Community Partners are local liaisons who are interested in influencing and expanding the use of Runtime Revolution and willing to present Revolution at their local user groups or even participate in local conferences, conventions and industry shows!

Runtime is looking for Community Partners who have good presentation skills, know their Revolution and are reliable.

And what do you get out of it? How about:

1. Coolness Factor. In our references lists (consultants and third party vendors), Community Partners who are listed will get a special designation. We are establishing the frequency but this will mean a special designation for X amount of time after participating in an event.

2. Exposure. Since we are doing this for both local events and also trade shows, its an opportunity to meet and greet some Runtime partners whom are very influential in the software industry.

3. $$$. We have a compensation model based on sales that result from your efforts. You will get assigned a special code with each event, then receive compensation based on sales that result from your efforts.

If you are interested in becoming a Revolution Community Partner, please contact me directly to work out participation.

You can ask questions here but compensation in general is handled directly with Runtime.
Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Paradigma Software - Ultra Fast Database & Reporting Platform for LiveCode
http://www.paradigmasoft.com

malte

Post by malte » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:27 am

Hi Lynn,

as you might know I moderate the german Revolution board, where german users give support to other german users. We have seen quite a few younger users recently. Might there be any options for special deals for such groups?

All the best,

Malte

Lynn

Post by Lynn » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:35 am

malte wrote:Hi Lynn,

as you might know I moderate the german Revolution board, where german users give support to other german users. We have seen quite a few younger users recently. Might there be any options for special deals for such groups?

All the best,

Malte
Any sort of official user group wont be limited by borders :-) Its easy enough to work with (physical) groups that meet in locations - if not a Revolution User's Group but a SIG in a PC or Mac User Group. Its in these locations that Community Partners really shine. I think there are also good online group resources too.

I agree, for any official group we can allocate a base membership discount (this sort of thing usually isnt stackable with special offers) plus offers that coincide with presentations/demos.
Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks

marielle
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Become a Revolution Community Partner

Post by marielle » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:17 pm

Lynn wrote:3. $$$. We have a compensation model based on sales that result from your efforts. You will get assigned a special code with each event, then receive compensation based on sales that result from your efforts.
Is it that you also offer some affiliate scheme. So if I was to add some revolution logo with a link to it from my various websites, I could get a bit of money any time a user click on the link to go to your website?

Marielle
Last edited by marielle on Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by FourthWorld » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:24 pm

Lynn wrote:If you want to set up a Revolution User’s Group or a special interest group in your local computer group, Runtime Revolution wants to hear from you about becoming a Revolution Community Partner.

Revolution Community Partners are local liaisons who are interested in influencing and expanding the use of Runtime Revolution and willing to present Revolution at their local user groups or even participate in local conferences, conventions and industry shows!
With the definition above, I'm already an RCP and have been for years. Please feel free to drop me a note describing next steps which would allow my existing role as an RCP to grant me the benefits described.

Lynn

Post by Lynn » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:47 pm

FourthWorld wrote:
Lynn wrote:If you want to set up a Revolution User’s Group or a special interest group in your local computer group, Runtime Revolution wants to hear from you about becoming a Revolution Community Partner.

With the definition above, I'm already an RCP and have been for years. Please feel free to drop me a note describing next steps which would allow my existing role as an RCP to grant me the benefits described.
Hi Rich,

Sure, will do.
Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks

Return to “User Groups and Events”