Possible LiveCode Users Group in South West England

Visit here to inform or invite LiveCode users to user groups, meetings, conventions or other gatherings. Events must be related to LiveCode.

Moderators: FourthWorld, Klaus, robinmiller

dave.kilroy
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Possible LiveCode Users Group in South West England

Post by dave.kilroy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:12 pm

Hi all LiveCoders in the South West of England (or thereabouts)

In the past few months John Dixon, John Paterson, Peter Alcibiades, Ian Wood and I have been emailing each other about a LiveCode Users Group here in the South West of England

I contacted Heather who said that when we're ready to go for an initial meeting that she can send out an email to all LiveCode users in the region - and suggested that some offers of price discounts and other goodies from RunRev might also be forthcoming (or did I get that wrong Heather?).

Where we've got to is an agreed meeting venue in Exeter (a nice place and roughly central for the region) and a list of possible meeting dates on Doodle.com (http://doodle.com/s3inwq58bh8tq9k2)

Could any people interested in attending complete the form on Doodle? Or if none of the dates are any good but you're still interested please let me know…

Kind regards

Dave
"...this is not the code you are looking for..."

dave.kilroy

Re: Possible LiveCode Users Group in South West England

Post by dave.kilroy » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:02 pm

Hi all

So far I have a total of 3 responses on Doodle http://doodle.com/s3inwq58bh8tq9k2 (thanks John & Nishok) and unless we get some more - or emails making contact - it's looking like there will be not be a LiveCode group in South West England at this time.

Dave

Simon

Post by Simon » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:10 pm

Hi Dave,
Sorry about the turn out.
When I was living there I would have jumped at the chance of a meetup, just a few months too late.
But I'll be back and will contact you, maybe by then there will be more interest.

Simon
I used to be a newbie but then I learned how to spell teh correctly and now I'm a noob!

dave.kilroy

Post by dave.kilroy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:03 pm

Thanks Simon

Yeah it looks like a bigger group is a no-go at this time - maybe in the future? Do let me know when you return to the WestCountry and I'll provide the tea and cakes...

Return to “User Groups and Events”