Any LiveCode meetups in the LA/MS Gulf Coast areas?

Visit here to inform or invite LiveCode users to user groups, meetings, conventions or other gatherings. Events must be related to LiveCode.

Moderators: FourthWorld, Klaus, robinmiller

shawnblc
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Any LiveCode meetups in the LA/MS Gulf Coast areas?

Post by shawnblc » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:52 pm

Any LiveCode meetups or gatherings in the LA/MS Gulf Coast areas?

shawnblc

Re: Any LiveCode meetups in the LA/MS Gulf Coast areas?

Post by shawnblc » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:49 am

YUP! Gonna revive this old post.

If anyone on here is from the MS, LA, or AL GulfCoast or within a short driving distance to the MS GulfCoast post here if you're interested in starting a meetup. I'm learning like quite a few on this board. Don't be shy, let's start a meetup. If you're interested post here.

anmldr

Post by anmldr » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:45 am

I just happened on this post. I am a newbie to LC and am in Wiggins.

Linda

shawnblc

Post by shawnblc » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:13 am

anmldr wrote:I just happened on this post. I am a newbie to LC and am in Wiggins.

Linda

Well, now that's 2 of us from the Gulf Coast.

ToddFabacher

Post by ToddFabacher » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:58 pm

We are looking to open a LiveCode center in New Orleans to teach App development in the city. New Orleans Entrepreneur Week on March 22nd seems like a great place to launch the project. What do you think?

--Todd

shawnblc

Post by shawnblc » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:15 pm

ToddFabacher wrote:We are looking to open a LiveCode center in New Orleans to teach App development in the city. New Orleans Entrepreneur Week on March 22nd seems like a great place to launch the project. What do you think?

--Todd
Cool. I'll be out of town the 22nd. Won't be back until the 27th or so. Sounds fun though! If this is going to be an ongoing meetup, that'll be fantastic and I'll surely attend a few.

anmldr

Post by anmldr » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:19 am

We are looking to open a LiveCode center in New Orleans to teach App development in the city.
Todd, who is the "we"?

Linda

ToddFabacher

Post by ToddFabacher » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:43 am

That would be LiveCode with my encouragement and money. Kevin Miller, CEO ofLiveCode, and myself are looking to go to NOWE in March after SXSW. I live in NYC, but I am originally from New Orleans and grew up in the Irish Channel, so I wanted to give back as I see the youth today there are struggling. Nothing has bee set, we are exploring the best options now.

--Todd

anmldr

Post by anmldr » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:08 pm

I think that it is a GREAT idea! You are right, they are still struggling.

Linda

keithglong

Post by keithglong » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:13 pm

Hi All,

I live in Gulf Breeze, Florida (on the Gulf Coast, right near Pensacola). I am about 4 hours (by car) from New Orleans.

Todd: Wonderful news regarding the LiveCode center in New Orleans! Wonderful! Just to let you know, I too am originally from the New Orleans area--Slidell, Louisiana to be exact--on the North Shore of Lake Pontchartrain. (Slidell High Class of 1985!) My beautiful gal Kelly is from Metairie. (Her folks still live there.) Both of our families were hit hard by hurricane Katrina.

Linda: Wiggins? Wow, small world. I hold two degrees from USM in Hattiesburg. ;-)

I would love to meet up with all of you in the future if possible. I would also be willing to host an event in the Pensacola area if interested... (A bit of coding AND the beach?)

Todd: Please let me know if there is anything I can do regarding the LiveCode event in New Orleans. (Because my mother is currently not well--and is in the hospice program over here in Florida--I am quite limited as to getting away these days. However, I am still willing to help. Regarding meeting up with everyone, there is always the future!)

Sincerely,

- Boo
Gulf Breeze, Florida

shawnblc

Post by shawnblc » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:02 am

I live in MS, about 45 miles from NO. Have family in Harvey. I travel quite often, but when I'm in town, I'm all "LC". Keep in touch guys. We'll have our own meetups before long.

Return to “User Groups and Events”