Tampa Bay Livecode Community

Visit here to inform or invite LiveCode users to user groups, meetings, conventions or other gatherings. Events must be related to LiveCode.

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, robinmiller

Mbessette

Tampa Bay Livecode Community

Post by Mbessette » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:39 am

Is there anyone around Tampa Bay, FL looking to connect and maybe get a MeetUp going? I'm still a beginner myself but networking and having others to bounce ideas off of over drinks once a month or every could weeks would be great! Hoping the Livecode community here isn't just yours truly!

Ray@LinkIt.Com

Re: Tampa Bay Livecode Community

Post by Ray@LinkIt.Com » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:47 pm

Greetings fellow Livecode user Mbessette - I've used nothing but Livecode as a full time software developer for the last thirty years. Actually, many of those early years were spent using Hypercard, Metacard, and Revolution, all forerunners of Livecode. Unfortunatelly my timing is a little off with you as my wife and I just sold our home in St. Pete of 30 years and we're now perpetual travelers. I'm writing you from southern Peru. In a month or two we'll be moving to Greece. Anyway, the point is I hope to encourage you to continue delving into the wonderful world of software development via Livecode. It really is a wonderful platform and can be quite rewarding in many ways.

Warm regards,

Ray Horsley

acidjazz
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Tampa Bay Livecode Community

Post by acidjazz » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:05 pm

Hi There. I live in St. Petersburg and have worked with Livecode for a number of years programming psychology experiments. I stopped about 5 years ago, however, as I really can't do anything without fully functioning html deployment, and they're not quite there yet. That said, I would love to get together. I know just enough programming to get myself into trouble, so if you are a beginner, I probably can help. If you are an experienced programmer in another language, I'll probably be asking you more questions than vice versa.

Cheers,
Mark

mpezzo at gmaildotcom

Return to “User Groups and Gatherings”