Best way to modify icons for rollover and click

Need a prettier or more polished interface? IconPeople affordable interface elements are available.

Moderators: heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller, Lynn, chikako

Best way to modify icons for rollover and click

Postby BillJames » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:46 am

I see that the icons in the sets come in multiple sizes but with no variations for "rollover" and "clicked". Can anyone give me their opinion on how best to take one icon and edit to create three versions: "normal", "roll over", and "clicked". Thanks,

Bill
BillJames
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Best way to modify icons for rollover and click

Postby Klaus » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:43 pm

Hi Bill,

since the icons are in PNG format (are they? Just guessing!) you could open the "Normal" icon in an image editor, modify and save under a different name.
That's the way I would do it.

For a "hilite/roll-over" version it might be sufficient to just makje the image a bit brighter, but you decide :D

Best

Klaus
Klaus

Postby BillJames » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:31 am

Klaus,

Actually the icons are provided in multiple formats (png, tiff, jpeg, ico, and bmp) but looks like they only have the one "normal version". Thanks for the advice. I will have to experiment and maybe look at a number of other programs to see how their icons change with hilite and click. I know I have seen some that add a little color to the top with rollover and bottom with click. Whatever I choose I would prefer to do something that is repeatable as I progress through the icons.

Bill
BillJames

Postby WaltBrown » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:43 pm

Well, whatever the spammer is doing it works - that store comes in at the top of the search engine page :-)
Walt Brown
Omnis traductor traditor
WaltBrown

Postby reeta » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:27 am

I think that Meshbox is still around and active. They are somehow connected with Mirye which is somehow connected with RunRev.
reeta

Return to IconPeople