Problem with Message Box Codes!!!

Create fast, sprite powered games with Animation Engine, co-developed with DerBrill Software!

Moderators: heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller, malte

Bradyviz

Problem with Message Box Codes!!!

Post by Bradyviz » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:03 pm

Ok. So I was just starting to use animation engine and I decided to look at this:
http://runrev.com/newsletter/october/is ... etter2.php
so yeah. So when I type out what it says into the message box, when I click enter on the single line it doesn't work because I need the next line for the "colorNames,1000" and when I do multiple lines it won't execute anything... probably because I really don't know how... :( *facepalm*

Anyways, one more thing. As you can see (I will post it again right below this) it makes COLORS appear when I type it in. When I do it, no colors appear... I don't know if that actually works.

aeChangeBackColorthe long ID of grc 1,any line of the \
colorNames,1000

(I put in the colors...)

Anyways, I know almost NOTHING about this, and if anyone has some good tutorials on it as well other than http://www.runrev.com/newsletter/octobe ... etter3.php, please tell me!

Thanks!

Klaus

Re: Problem with Message Box Codes!!!

Post by Klaus » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:30 pm

Hi Bradyviz
Bradyviz wrote:aeChangeBackColorthe long ID of grc 1,any line of the \
colorNames,1000
this is not an aeEngine issue but a general one.

The "\" indicates that this is actually ONE line but did not fit somehow, in the newletter it was
because the correct and long line would have destroyed the html layout :D
(Check \ in the dictionary!)

This will work in the script editor however, but obviously not in the message box!?

So just leave the backslash and write it as one line and it will work:

Code: Select all

aeChangeBackColor the long ID of grc 1,any line of the colorNames,1000
Sorry, no idea about more or better examples, never used the aeEngine (yet).

Best

Klaus

malte

Re: Problem with Message Box Codes!!!

Post by malte » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:04 pm

Hi Bradyviz,

as Klaus pointed out the backslash character is a forced linebreak you can use for long lines of code. This is used to improve readability.

Regarding AE examples: there is a stack animationEnginedocs.rev. That Has quite a few examples in it. There should be more to follow in the first quarter of 2011. I am currently travelling though and it may take some time for me to respond. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to post to the forums. I am pretty sure you will get answers quickly.

All the best,

Malte

Return to “Animation Engine”