Frequently asked questions

Create fast, sprite powered games with Animation Engine, co-developed with DerBrill Software!

Moderators: heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller, malte

malte

Frequently asked questions

Post by malte » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:02 pm

FAQ:

Q: I've downloaded the trial and unzipped it, where do the files need to go?

A: AnimationEngine is a library. It can be anywhere on your Harddisc. If you want to use it, you just need to make sure it is in memory and issue the following line of script:

start using stack "animationEngine"

and you are good to go. All functionality is documented in the AnimationEngineDocs.rev stack. The stack is self contained, so you do not need to have AnimationEngine in memory just to read the docs.

Q: Do I have to pay further roylties when distributing my work using animationEngine?

A: No. When it comes to distribution you can simply make AnimationEngine a substack of your stack and redistribute your work in any way you want to without the need of paying further royalties. The only limitation of AE is that it won't work in Development mode unless it is registred.

Q: When I try to save as Standalone Application, I get the warning

"Unable to search for required inclusions because stack animationEngine is password protected"

What is the reason for this and what can I do?

A: The reason is that animationEngine is a password protected stack. If you want to build a standalone using animationEngine you need to open the standalone application settings and check the radio button

"Select inclusions for the standalone application"

there.

Rauterkus
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Frequently asked questions

Post by Rauterkus » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:11 pm

How does this change with the dual license and AE allowing to be part of LiveCode Community edition?

FourthWorld

Re: Frequently asked questions

Post by FourthWorld » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:39 pm

The dual license terms are covered in detail on the product page for AnimationEngine in the LiveCode store:
https://livecode.com/store/marketplace/ ... -engine-5/
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

Return to “Animation Engine”