Late Night Comedian Awards 2024

Creating Games? Developing something for fun?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Hutchboy

Late Night Comedian Awards 2024

Post by Hutchboy » Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:54 am

Hi,

I ran across an old Revolution stack. "Florida Ballot.rev", that gave me a few ideas and, a couple of days later I came up with this:

[attachment=0]Ballot 2024.png[/attachment]

The file is too large to attach here but the stack and a Mac app version are available for experimentation. Here is the link to the stack: https://mygiantbrain.com/downloads/file ... vecode.zip.

In this stack I was attempting to simulate voting as though it were coming in from external voting centers in addition to you casting your own votes. I played with various rates and wanted to apportion the voting somewhat randomly for the various comedians. It got a bit complicated integrating the progress bar updates. I did occasionally run into that IDE exception error during development, but I haven't seen any problems with the stack or app.

Also, I want to mention that I used DAll-E to generate ideas for the graphics. It does pretty good with text (the vote cursor looks pretty good I think).

BTW, you can click on the Quantum Entanglement icon to stop and start the counting. :wink:

Now, back to the Valentine thing... -Mike
Attachments
Ballot 2024.png

Return to “Games”