Card game server example?

Creating Games? Developing something for fun?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

emdalton
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Card game server example?

Post by emdalton » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:15 am

I'd like to create a web-based multiplayer card game using the new browser plugin. I haven't used RunRev since version 2.5, but I had a lot of Hypercard experience in days of yore. ;) I also do some Perl and PHP web programming, and MySQL administration.

Can anyone direct me to an example of a multi-user application of any kind using the plugin? Also, if anyone knows of a basic playing card game (e.g. poker, solitaire, whatever) that I could look at for pointers, that would help me get going. My card game will have custom images, but basic playing card handling routines would be a good place to start.

Thanks!

shadowslash

Post by shadowslash » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:29 pm

revWeb is still at it's first month of birth so I wouldn't count on multiplayer-ness with it until a stable one has been released... As for multi-user application, try the chat server and client in the examples of Revolution. It might give you an insight to the things you need to know. Image
Parañaque, Philippines

emdalton

Post by emdalton » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:01 pm

I know it's new, and I'm not expecting full functionality yet. :) I just want to get a head start on trying to figure out how to make this work. I did find a card game example here: http://www.tweedly.net/RunRev/index.html. Your idea about looking at the chat example is helpful, thanks.

Does anyone know of something like the sample Sketch application, but with the same screen visible to multiple users online through the plugin? (Or as standalone? Actually, if it works in standalone, it should work in the plugin, right?)

Return to “Games”