My game losing quality android device

Creating Games? Developing something for fun?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

yan

My game losing quality android device

Post by yan » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:09 am

Hello, fellow greetings. I'm trying to do a test, it is a platform game where I have a character running across my world, Windows works perfect but when run on a android device my application loses quality completely, everything looks slow and very little softness in the movement, I'm going crazy and I just want not rule LiveCode for creating video games. could someone help me and tell me I'm doing wrong? they were greatly appreciate a greeting from Colombia and forgive me for google translate.

Annex my project with the example I'm creating.
Attachments
personaje.rar
(22.1 KiB) Downloaded 435 times

faber3d

Re: My game losing quality android device

Post by faber3d » Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:56 am

Regards Yan, To this day when running more than two processes at the same time (idle, mainLoop) the system gets overloaded as Livecode doesn't exactly have an efficient game engine, at least for now, which causes the game slowdown. game on mobile devices... What I recommend is to structure and plan very well how the game is going to work so that the code executes the animations in sequential processes as we progress through the game so as not to saturate the team and for everything to flow smoothly. steadily and without pauses.

I also recommend you change the parameter (MOVE) that you use to make the jump by the parameters (KeyDown) and (Set) to more adequately control the properties of the character together with the buttons or action keys into the sistem.

Likewise, if we think of a mobile game and we are going to use Livecode, we must make it as simple as possible without neglecting its creativity and novelty. Let us remember that on the official pages we have reference games that work very well on mobile devices such as: Flappy bird, Galaxy Attack, Alien Shooter, Space invader, Puzzles, Mini Car, Dinosaur Game, Sheepherder (sheep), Galactic Gauntlet (ship) etc. . ...

Saludos Yan, Hasta hoy día cuando se ejecutan mas de dos procesos al tiempo (on idle, on mainLoop) se sobrecarga el sistema ya que Livecode no tiene precisamente un motor de juegos eficiente, al menos por ahora, lo que causa que se rentelice el juego en los dispositivos móviles...Lo que recomiendo es estructurar y planear muy bien como va a funcionar el juego para que el código ejecute las animaciones en procesos secuenciales a medida que avanzamos en el juego con tal de no saturar el equipo y que todo fluya constante y sin pausas.

También te recomiendo cambiar el parametro (MOVE) que utilizas para hacer el salto por los parametros (KeyDown) y (Set) para controlar de una manera mas adecuada las propiedades del personaje junto con los botones o teclas de acción dentro del sistema.

Igualmente si pensamos en un juego para móviles y vamos a usar Livecode debemos hacerlo lo mas sencillo posible sin dejar de lado la creatividad y la novedad del mismo. Recordemos que en las paginas oficiales tenemos juegos de referencia que funcionan bien en dispositivos moviles como son: Flappy bird, Galaxy Attack, Alien Shooter, Space invader, Puzzles, Mini Car, Dinosaur Game, Sheepherder (ovejas), Gauntlet Galáctico (nave) etc...
Attachments
hqdefault.jpg
Galactic Gauntlet
Flappy-bird.jpg
Flappy Bird
Flappy-bird.jpg (40.1 KiB) Viewed 10571 times
dog tales livecode.jpg
Dog Tales
Last edited by faber3d on Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stam

Post by stam » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:18 am

The OP posted this 7 years ago and with seemingly no follow up…
And I imagine the issue was probably with underpowered Android devices 7 years ago as it ran apparently fine on Windows… might well be a different story today now phones are insanely powerful computers in their own right…

faber3d

Post by faber3d » Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:10 pm

It's been a while since this Post, but it's still a very important issue for many who would like to develop a game of this type.

As I recommended some time ago in my previous comment, the game works better by rethinking the way of jumping and the code structure to control the properties of the objects with more suitable parameters like (KeyDown) and (Set).

Based on this I made a very simple example with a few lines of code to understand the basic factors to take into account in this type of game.

Is very important to learn and understand the basics concepts, to later make a more complex platformer game.
................................................................................................

Ha pasado tiempo de este Post pero igualmente no deja de ser un tema de alta importancia para muchos a los cuales les gustaría desarrollar un juego de este tipo.

Como recomendé hace algún tiempo en mi comentario anterior, el juego funciona mejor replanteando la forma de hacer el salto y la estructura del código para controlar las propiedades de los objetos con parámetros mas adecuados como (KeyDown) y (Set).

En base a esto hice un ejemplo muy sencillo con algunas pocas lineas de código para entender los factores básicos a tener en cuenta en esta clase de juegos.

Es muy importante aprender y comprender los conceptos básicos, para luego hacer un juego de plataformas más complejo.

Image Example Game Platform:
Attachments
FirstFrame.png
platafromagrafica.jpg

Return to “Games”