HELP!

Creating Games? Developing something for fun?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

nicholas.aycockGA5787

HELP!

Post by nicholas.aycockGA5787 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:48 am

1. How would you go about making different levels of one game? is it on different cards of the same stack?

2. After making all of those games how do you lock those different levels?

3. How do you unlock those different levels with your high score of different cards?

Any help will be greatly appreciated thank you in advance for any suggestions.

spencer

Re: HELP!

Post by spencer » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:33 am

Take a look at the feature article "LiveCode RPG" in "RevUp, updates and news for the Rev Community", Jan. 27, 2012. If you signed up for the emails for news, you have it in your mail box with the subject, "No. 127: LiveCode RPG; mergZXing Barcode Reader".

flintGA2c5a
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: HELP!

Post by flintGA2c5a » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:49 pm

I think the first question depends on the game, but generally seems like a good idea to put different levels on different cards.

From the questions that you asked I would imagine you are making something in terms of level selection is similar to something like angry birds.

That would generally be achieved by having different icons in the level menu for locked and unlocked levels (those would also have a link to play the level). You would unlock different levels by comparing the score of that level to what is needed and then change the icon and link for the level menu.

I would first draw the structure of the game on paper and then you can see what kind of cards, levels and logic you will need,

Return to “Games”