Weird thing I noticed just now...

Deploying to Linux? Get penguinated here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

shadowslash

Weird thing I noticed just now...

Post by shadowslash » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:22 am

When I develop applications for Linux using revolution, I find it that once my mouse enters the stack, the cursor automatically gets set to hand, almost as if hand was the defaultCursor for Linux. This wasn't a problem for my users but apparently I find it rather irritating that the hand cursor gets selected automatically for my Linux distributions. I made a workaround which is to put the command "set the defaultCursor to arrow" into the preOpenStack or preOpenCard handler but this still doesn't change the fact that it uses a windows-like arrow cursor. How can I solve this dilemma and make my stacks show the default Linux cursor instead? I have tried this on an Ubuntu but haven't with other flavors of Linux. Thanks for the replies and as always, keep up the good work revPeople. Image
Parañaque, Philippines

ale870

Re: Weird thing I noticed just now...

Post by ale870 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:09 pm

I don't use Linux from some time, but I think that behavior is not related to RunRev, but to Linux Server Window Manager self.
Try using a different server to check it (try using Gnome, KDE, XFCE, etc...) just to see if the result is the same.
Runtime Revolution Widgets, tutorials, tips & tricks and more!
http://runrevwidgets.com/wiki

Return to “Linux”