LiveCode Standalone Application Not Working

Deploying to Linux? Get penguinated here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

ThatOneGuy

LiveCode Standalone Application Not Working

Post by ThatOneGuy » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:50 am

I have been attempting to make a media center using an old tablet-like PC running SliTaz-JustX with a UI application I made in LiveCode to manage the media on an external drive slot.

The problem is that the standalone I created will not run. It returns an error code 1 immediately on starting without any messages displayed. The LiveCode Community installer does the same thing as well.

The OS is 32-bit Linux (modified from kernel 2.6.37). I cannot use any other OS because the hardware only has 244 MB of disk space and the only other viable options are Puppy or Tiny Core, neither of which will are recognized by the bootloader.

I have no idea why it is not running. Anyone have any ideas?

wsamples
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: LiveCode Standalone Application Not Working

Post by wsamples » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:17 pm

Have you run ldd against the standalone to determine what dependencies you may be missing? You could also try running the standalone from the command line to see if it returns any messages there regarding missing libs. Check the release notes for LiveCode and make sure you have everything installed, including anything that may be listed as "optional". There was a point where some things listed as optional became required even though the docs were not updated to properly reflect that. I don't know if this is actually still the case but keep it in mind as you troubleshoot. Good luck!

ThatOneGuy

Post by ThatOneGuy » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:09 pm

Running from the command line gives no messages. It just immediately closes.

I used ldd to list the dependencies, each ending with ".so.1" and ".so.6". Every dependency listed can be found in my /usr/lib and /lib directories. The only exception is linux-gate.so.1 which points to 0xffffe000 instead of to a file.

Should this point to a file as well or is it supposed to point to an address only?

wsamples

Post by wsamples » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:48 pm

ThatOneGuy wrote:... linux-gate.so.1 which points to 0xffffe000 instead of to a file.

Should this point to a file as well or is it supposed to point to an address only.
linux-gate.so.1 does not exist as a real file, it's a virtual dso.

What version of LiveCode did you use to make the standalone? I wonder if you might find some earlier version produces a working standalone.

ThatOneGuy

Post by ThatOneGuy » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:23 pm

I'm using LiveCode 7.1 (rc1)

Return to “Linux”