Unable to install LC 9 on Ubuntu 18.04

Deploying to Linux? Get penguinated here.

Moderators: heatherlaine, Klaus, FourthWorld, robinmiller, kevinmiller

bogs

Re: Unable to install LC 9 on Ubuntu 18.04

Post by bogs » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:22 pm

Sorry, I must have been thinking of Max's post saying it just crashed :oops:

wsamples
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Unable to install LC 9 on Ubuntu 18.04

Post by wsamples » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:38 pm

bogs wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:22 pm
I'm not sure the OP was trying to post FUD, it seems a relatively common post for anyone either new to linux or Lc in general, and even some old(er) timers, and I've seen (and answered) a number of posts just like it as have many others. I'm far more interested in the problem he posed, and whether it can be recreated or not.
Oh, I don't have any reason to believe the OP was being malicious and I absolutely agree that the best response is a solution to his problem. I'm sorry I couldn't offer that.

However, these comments are here for posterity and can contribute to FUD regardless of intent. That's a reality on the internet. I think it's especially unfortunate that people who should know better sometimes make this kind of careless statement, and I don't feel shy about reiterating this point, for the reason just stated. I don't mean for it to seem harsh or dismissive of real issues people might encounter. I have had some issues of my own with Livecode under Linux. I've mostly, but admittedly not always, been able to find solutions and try to share information when I have it.

:)

Return to “Linux”