No "Media" version for linux?

Deploying to Linux? Get penguinated here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

dochawk

No "Media" version for linux?

Post by dochawk » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:46 pm

Is there really no Media version for linux, or am I just missing something on the ordering page. $250 just to run this for a while to see if it substitutes seems a bit steep . . .

My needs are trivial--I don't need any externals; just plain the equivalent of hypertalk and either the early hypercard or supercard stack editing capacity.

The only things I need that weren't in hypercard 1.0 are:
1) multiple stacks/substacks/windows at a time (and even that is negotiable), and
2) the ability to export to postscript or pdf.

The stacks that I want to convert were designed under hypercard 1.0, and never needed anything other than windowing from supercard and hypercard 2.0.

thanks

hawk

Mark
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Mark » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:21 pm

Dear dochawk,

Here is some info about where to download different versions for Revolution Media. Media is now free and trials can always be downloaded for free, which means that yo don't need to pay $250 just to test Revolution.

Best regards,

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

dochawk

Post by dochawk » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:02 am

Wow.

Thanks.

I've been playing with it a bit, and it looks like my best bet to learn it is going to be by importing the old program stack.

Which means finding my soldering iron and putting a new fuse (more likely a holder, this is the third time!) into my MacPortable, and getting my files off it.

And as I've been thinking more, there's a very good chance that that's the program I converted to SuperCard. *argh*

But then, I think I can cut & paste back from supercard to hypercard . . .

thanks

hawk

Return to “Linux”