Standalone App Not Working Just on One Macintosh

Deploying to Mac OS? Ask Mac OS specific questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

lrieber

Standalone App Not Working Just on One Macintosh

Post by lrieber » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:27 pm

I created a standalone application for the Macintosh with LiveCode. The app seems to work very well based on my initial testing with my graduate students here at the University of Georgia. However, the app doesn’t work at all for one student, which is a real mystery. We can launch the app on her Mac laptop, but almost none of the buttons works. The only thing that seems to work is the video player. She’s rebooted her Mac and reinstalled my app, but the problem persists. Again, this is baffling because the app is working just fine for all other Mac users in the class (and even the Windows version of the standalone works great for the others). If anyone has any ideas or explanations about what is going on, please let me know.

Here is information about her Mac:

MacBook Pro
Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013
Processor: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris 1536 MB
Software: OS X 10.9.5

I'm using LiveCode Commercial Edition 6.7.0-dp-3. I know this is an older version, but it seems to be the most stable version for my use of video. (I experienced problems with several of the app's functions related to video when I used a more recent version of LiveCode.)

Thanks for your help.
Lloyd Rieber

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Standalone App Not Working Just on One Macintosh

Post by jacque » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:06 pm

Try disabling all login items in the user account. Something there may be interfering.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Return to “Mac OS”