Using LiveCode to shutdown, logout and restart the Mac

Deploying to Mac OS? Ask Mac OS specific questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Thierry
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Using LiveCode to shutdown, logout and restart the Mac

Post by Thierry » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:50 pm

Mag wrote:Hi Thierry, Database Events, Image Events, and System Events are applications that can be used by AppleScript and that run invisibly to users, every one has it's dictionary you can see them with the Applescript Editor.
Actually, since a couple of weeks I'm writting a small application which communicate via appleevents with one application
and with Livecode via Applescript. I had to code an applescript dictionary from scratch and it starts to work by now.
Before, as I'm a *multi-OS* coder, I've always tried not to deal with specific platform technology. so avoiding Applescript.

With this very fresh experience, I can say that I've read so much doc from Apple, tried some Applescript editors,
filtered and dropped 70% of google searchs,...
That said, well, I wouldn't say Applescript is an easy path to go, except if you copy/paste from the net some snippet...

[/quote]The sandboxing imposes restrictions on what the application can do, I think that there si no a simple rule and the approval process perhaps it depends on who reviews the app. It may be helpful to read about the cases reported by the developers. Maybe what you say may be right. I have no experience about for now. If you find something useful to us let us know.[/quote]

I don't have any experience on this too (just see something in my radar)

Thanks for your explanations.

Regards,

Thierry
!
SUNNY-TDZ.COM doesn't belong to me since 2021.
To contact me, use the Private messages. Merci.
!

Return to “Mac OS”