False look and feel of standalone applications on Mac OS X

Deploying to Mac OS? Ask Mac OS specific questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Serial number

False look and feel of standalone applications on Mac OS X

Post by Serial number » Mon May 01, 2006 3:59 pm

Hi !

I am running Rev Studio 2.7.1 on Mac OS X.4.6 on an iMac G5. I have built a very simple application (just one button), with property lookAndFeel set to "Appearance Manager". When I create the application as standalone, I have a Mac OS 9 look and feel and not an Aqua interface. Running from within Rev Studio, look and feel is correct. Any idea ?

Thanks

Mark Smith

Re: False look and feel of standalone applications on Mac OS

Post by Mark Smith » Tue May 02, 2006 2:22 am

This is a bug in the standalone builder that apparently has not been fixed in 2.7.1

There is a file that needs to be in the standalone bundle. You can copy it by hand, and I bleieve that works - I haven't had this problem, yet, so this is what I've heard.

The file is called: tiger_theme_support.bundle, and it can be found in your Revolution installation like this.

There is a .app bundle, the path of which is:
Runtime/Mac OSX/PowerPC-32/Standalone.app
You then control-click on it, and choose 'show package contents' from the menu that pops up.
Then, the path is Contents/Plugins/Tiger_theme_support.bundle

If you copy the Tiger_theme_support.bundle file to the Contents/Plugins folder in your standalone bundle, it should work.

Cheers,

Mark

Obleo

Re: False look and feel of standalone applications on Mac OS

Post by Obleo » Tue May 02, 2006 3:50 am

Mark Smith wrote:This is a bug in the standalone builder that apparently has not been fixed in 2.7.1

There is a file that needs to be in the standalone bundle. You can copy it by hand, and I bleieve that works - I haven't had this problem, yet, so this is what I've heard.

Mark
Mark, It does work. Just to let you know. Also It only needs to be done one time. Then works from that point on.

Serial number

Post by Serial number » Tue May 02, 2006 9:07 am

Thank you for your help !

Best regards

Return to “Mac OS”